ten | eric hosmer

meeting the team | for camille

"I'm not sure I wanna do this, Eric

"I'm not sure I wanna do this, Eric."

"It'll be fine, Camille," Eric said as he closed the front door, "trust me."

"What if they hate me? What if none of them talk to me the whole game?" you asked nervously.

Eric sighed, walking around the car to you. He put his hands on your hips, pressing his forehead to yours. "Do you trust me?"

"Yeah," you answered quietly.

"Then trust me when I say that it's going to be fine. Okay?"

You smiled slightly, despite your nervousness. "Okay."

-

"You ready?" Eric asked as you stood in front of the locker room door. The Royals had just ended batting practice, and Eric was going to introduce you to the team.

"Yeah," you said, nodding.

"You guys better be dressed!" he yelled, opening the door. You followed him inside, feeling slightly uncomfortable as eyes fell on you.

"Is this the girl we've been hearing so much about?" someone asked, their voice slightly cold. You moved slightly closer to Eric, nervous as to what they were going to say.

"This is my girlfriend, Camille," he said. "I hope that you will all accept her nicely."

You looked up at Eric, raising an eyebrow slightly. He looked over at you as the majority of his teammates went back to whatever they were doing. However, there was one player that walked up to you.

"Camille, right?" he asked you. You nodded before he stuck his hand towards you. "My name's Salvador Perez. Nice to meet you."

You smiled slightly. "Nice to meet you, too."

-

"How was it?" Eric asked as you walked through the hallways on the way to your seat.

"It was," you paused for a moment, thinking, "okay."

He smiled. "That's better than bad."

"Yeah," you agreed quietly. "I couldn't really tell what they thought. Most of them didn't say anything, but at least it wasn't bad. Salvador was fun to talk to."

"Yeah, he's nice," Eric agreed. "Anyway, I'll see you after the game, alright?"

You stopped walking, smiling at him. "Okay. Good luck."

"Good luck with them," he said. You pecked him on the lips before walking out the doors.

Now that the team was gathering together to prepare for the game, you had to go to your seat. Somehow, Eric had gotten you a seat with some of the players girlfriends and wives. It was nerve-wracking, but you supposed it could be nice.

You found that your seat was a few rows behind the home dugout. You stopped at the right section, looking down at your ticket, making sure you had the right seat before taking it. There was a woman with blonde hair. She looked up at you and you smiled slightly. She smiled back before looking back down at her phone. You pulled your phone out, unlocking it.

"Hold on, are you Eric's girlfriend?" the woman asked. You nodded. "I had forgotten he had told me you would be sitting next to each other. I'm Stephanie, Mike Moustakas' wife."

"Nice to meet you."

"You, too."

By her response, you could tell she was a little hesitant, too. It was quiet for a few moments before she spoke again.

"So, what do you do for work?"

"Actually, I'm still in college," you said. She looked slightly shocked, so you explained. "I'm in my last year. I'm studying (Subject)."

"That sounds like fun."

"It is. Lot's of work, though." You laughed. "It's good for me."

"How did you meet Eric?"

The two of you kept talking until the game started. Stephanie was nice, and even though it seemed like she wasn't sure when you first starting talking you were pretty sure she had begun to like you.

"So, how'd it go?" Eric asked as you walked to his car.

"It went pretty well," you told him with a smile. "I mainly talked to Stephanie. She's really nice."

"What about the others?"

"Most of them didn't say much. Nothing negative was said, I don't think."

"That's good."

You opened the car door, getting in the passenger side. Eric sat in the driver's seat, putting the keys in the ignition. He looked up, not taking his gaze off you.

You snorted, "What are you looking at."

"You, obviously," he answered, grinning. You rolled your eyes. "I was just thinking about how glad I am that you're getting along with everyone. I was nervous, but I guess I don't have to worry."

You smiled. "I'm glad, too."

eh i wanted these scenes to be longer but i barely know any royals players lol

01.01.17