xcvi | jason kipnis

HOUSE PARTY | for Kateward47

-

"Corey!" Jenna called, yelling at her brother, Corey, who was downstairs, "What am I supposed to wear!"

"I don't know! It's a house party, Jenna," he yelled back. She groaned loud enough for him to hear before digging through her dresser again.

The two siblings had been invited over to one of Corey's teammate's houses for a party. Corey pitched for the Cleveland Indians, and he and Jenna lived in the heart of Cleveland together. The team's starting second basemen, Jason Kipnis, had invited them and the rest of the team and their families over, and Jenna was both nervous and excited.

Jenna had a little crush on Jason, if she could even call it that. They had only met once or twice before, but she thought he was adorable. Though she wouldn't say she had feelings for him, exactly, what she felt was close to it. If she was lucky, she'd figure it out at the party.

She put on some simple light blue jeans and a nice black lace-up shirt before walking downstairs, where Corey was waiting for her. "Finally," he grumbled before walking out the door. She chuckled, putting on her short boots before following him out, locking the door behind her.

Around 10 minutes later, they were at Jason's house. Jenna's excitement bubbled as Corey opened the door, inviting himself in. She followed him in, suddenly becoming aware of the loud music blasting out of the speakers.

"Corey! Jenna!" Jason called, walking towards the two. "Glad you could make it, man!" he said, giving Corey a quick hug before turning to Jenna. "And it's nice to see you again, Jenna," he added, hugging her as well.

"It's n-nice to see you, too," she managed, a little shocked at the hug.

He smiled. "I'll see you two around."

As Jason disappeared into the crowd, Jenna and Corey looked over at each other. After a few long moments, Corey sighed.

"Don't go too crazy, alright?" he told her.

"What kind of girl do you take me for?" she fake scoffed, smiling at him before walking away.

Just minutes later, there was a tap on her shoulder. She looked over to see Jason, who was smiling and holding a beer out to her.

"Thanks," she said, taking the cold beer from his hand.

"I'm surprised Corey brought you along. I figured he wouldn't want his little sister partying too hard," Jason teased as Jenna managed to get the bottle open.

She shrugged, taking a sip. "He knows what he's getting into."

He smiled, showing off his award-winning smile yet again. "In that case, Miss Kluber," he began in a voice that sent shivers down Jenna's spine. "Care to dance?"

"Of course," she replied, smirking slightly.

They danced for what felt like hours, only stopping to grab a drink. By the end of the night, she was head-over-heels in love with him, like she had expected. Jason was something really, really special.

"What do you say we get out of here?" Jason whispered, lips brushing her ear.

She laughed. "We're in your house, Jason."

"There's something called a second floor, Jenna," he said with a grin.

"In that case," she began, her grin matching his, "of course."

---------------------------------

we took my cat to the vet and he was trying so hard to get out of the bag poor guy

11.21.17