forty two | kyle schwarber

taped up

You noticed someone walk into the room in the corner of your eye, causing you to look up

You noticed someone walk into the room in the corner of your eye, causing you to look up. Kyle Schwarber was standing in your office for the ninth day in a row; the same amount of days you had been with the team.

You were the new athletic trainer for the Chicago Cubs: the team Kyle played on. Since you had started, he had come into your office before every game, claiming he was having pain in his thumb.

"Thumb again?" you questioned, getting up from your seat behind your desk and walking over to him.

"Yeah," he said, holding his hand up. You grabbed it, inspecting it to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. Finding that there wasn't, you let go and looked up at him.

"Let's get you taped up, then," you said, smiling at him before moving to the shelf, which held various first aid items. In all honesty, you found Kyle very cute and you were glad he came into your office every day. However, you would never tell anyone that. You knew it was a horrible idea to fall for someone on the team, so you tried to suppress your rapidly blooming feelings.

You grabbed a roll of appropriately colored blue KT tape. You held your hand out and Kyle lifted his hand again, allowing you to look at it again. You unrolled the tape slightly before applying it around his thumb and wrist.

"All set," you said, grinning at him as you ripped the piece of tape off of the roll.

He grinned back at you. "Thanks, (Your Name)."

"Anytime."

After a long streak of Kyle coming in every day, he had decided that this thumb was healed enough to play without tape on it. However, he made sure he visited you in your office every day. He said that it had become a habit; that sometimes he didn't even realize where was walking. For some reason, you didn't quite believe him.

"He totally likes you," Kris said one day when you had mentioned this to him while you were taping his ankle.

You rolled your eyes. "He does not," he said. "And besides, I'm not going to date one of the guys. I'm sure I'd be fired for that."

Kris shrugged. "If so, I'm sure you could get a job anywhere you wanted to."

"Nah. I love this job," you said, standing up as you dropped his foot, done with your work. Kris got up, walking towards the door. He was half of the way out when he turned back around.

"Keep it in mind, (Your Name)," he said before leaving.

Thought events like this continued throughout the season, nothing big seemed to happen between you and Kyle. That was, until the last day of the season.

The final game of the season had ended, resulting in a win for the Cubs. However, one win wasn't enough to get Chicago into the postseason; they had fallen just short.

Wrigley was oddly quiet as you packed up your things, ready to move out for the off-season. You were interrupted by your door opening, only to reveal Kyle.

He walked inside, closing the door behind him. It was slightly awkward as he stood there while you packed the last few things into a box before standing up and turning towards him.

"It's crazy, isn't it?" you said. "The season is already over."

"Yeah," he agreed with a sigh, silence falling again. "Look, (Your Name)," he spoke. "I have something to tell you."

"Yeah?" you questioned curiously.

He looked away. "I really like you. I know the guys have told you that, but," he looked up. "I thought you should hear it from me."

You stared at him, astonished. You weren't able to hide your feelings anymore. He felt the same way you did.

You didn't respond to his confession. Instead, you walked forward, wrapped your arms around his waist, and kissed him.

 Instead, you walked forward, wrapped your arms around his waist, and kissed him

i need everyone's opinion

im working on a story about andrew benintendi, but i'm not sure when to publish it. should i publish it now and not update as much, or write a bunch of chapters in advance and publish more often? i can't decide

07.22.17