ciii | harrison bader

pregame | for PoetBeep

-

"C'mon, you've gotta have some good stories," Dexter Fowler prompted, a playful smirk on his face.

"I don't, Dex, really! I've used them all up," Rebel insisted. Of all the good things that came out of being Yadier Molina's younger sister, getting bothered by his teammates about topics like this was not one of them.

From the moment she was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals, she had been well known as the popular catcher's younger sister. It was arguably a cool story, how the two siblings had ended up on the same team. Rebel being the first and only woman in the majors was a story in of itself, but playing with her brother made the story much sweeter.

"Positive?" Dexter questioned, pressing further.

"Quit encouraging her to embarrass me, Dex," Yadier interrupted as he walked over to where Dexter and Rebel were standing.

"I've run out of stories anyway," Rebel noted, rolling her eyes. "Dex, why do you care, anyway?"

Dexter's eyes lit up. "Blackmail."

Rebel looked over at Yadier before shaking her head. Her actions were interrupted, however, when her name was called.

Upon turning around she found that Harrison Bader was walking towards her, obviously being the one that had called her name. She and Harrison had been teammates for a while, and Rebel had always felt that she gravitated towards him more than her other teammates. She wasn't sure if she had feelings for him, but there was certainly something special.

"Hey, Harrison," she greeted happily. "What's up?"

"Not much," he replied simply, sneaking in to stand in between Rebel and Yadier. Rebel found that he stood close to her at every possible time that he could, but she didn't mind it in the slightest.

Rebel looked up at Harrison for a moment before going back to watching batting practice. She knew Yadier was always suspicious about her relationships with their teammates, but he never said anything unless he knew there as something going on. Harrison hadn't done anything alarming just yet, so as much as Harrison subtly flirted, Yadier never said anything about it.

Eventually, the group split, as Yadier and Harrison left to hit. That left Rebel and Dexter alone again to continue watching.

"So, I'd never say this in front of your brother, but," Dexter began, looking over at Rebel. "You and Harrison, huh?"

"What?" Rebel exclaimed, whipping around to look at Dexter with wide eyes. "It's nothing like that. Yadi would kill me!"

"I doubt it. Pretty much the whole clubhouse knows but you," he argued, freezing when he realized what he had said.

Rebel raised an eyebrow at him. "Know what?"

"Ah, shit," he muttered, knowing he had let the secret slip(this is why most people didn't trust him with secrets).

"Dexter," she said sternly, trying to get an answer out of him. Obviously, everyone knew something that Rebel didn't.

"It's nothing, Rebel, I, uh," Dexter trailed off, trying to find some excuse to attempt to fix his mistake. That was when he spotted Harrison, who was talking to another teammate in the dugout. Immediately, Dexter figure out his plan. If the cat was out of the bag, he might as well tell Harrison about it.

Without saying another word, he jogged over to where Harrison was standing, leaving Rebel to wonder where he was going and what was going on. Dexter slapped a hand down on Harrison's shoulder, whispering in his ear for a moment before Harrison turned to him with wide eyes. Rebel could make out a 'sorry' from Dexter's mouth before Harrison looked over at her. She quickly looked away, pretending she hadn't watched the curious exchange between the two.

A couple of hours later, as Rebel and Harrison warmed up, there was an odd, slightly awkward silence between them. It was obvious that whatever Dexter was talking about, it involved the two in some way.

"So, you probably know what's going on, right?" Harrison sighed, breaking the silence.

"Somewhat," Rebel replied, stretching her arm over her head.

"I really didn't wanna ask you this right here, or right now, but," Harrison looked up at her, where she then noticed how red his face was. "Do you wanna go out sometime? Like, on a date?"

Rebel, shocked by the sudden question, was barely able to manage a smile. "Uh, yeah, of course." It took her a moment to gather her thoughts before she was able to say anything else. "That'd be amazing, Harrison."

--------------------------

woah?? an update?? amazing

also there's this really cute freshman in my math class and aaaaaaaaaaaaa

03.30.18