thirty eight | christian yelich

reservations

Jessica: Hey, Dee told me you were visiting this weekend

Jessica: Hey, Dee told me you were visiting this weekend. We should totally meet up!

Jessica: I'm sure he would love to see you again.

(Your Name): Yeah, we should! Not sure what the plan is with my family but I'll let you know

Jessica: Alright. By the way, we're going to a Marlin's game while you're here. We need to get you a man!

(Your Name): Haha I'll go but if you embarrass me I'm leaving

Jessica: That's fair. Can't wait to see you girlie!

(Your Name): Can't wait to see you, either. I'm so excited for this weekend!

You threw your phone onto the bed, looking down at the empty suitcase in front of you. You were in your apartment in Gainesville, packing to visit your family in Miami in two days. You were in Gainesville to go to college at the University of Florida but it was summer now and you figured you should visit. Besides, your best friend, Jessica, was there with her boyfriend Dee Gordon, who played for the Miami Marlins.

You first met Jessica at UF when you played softball together. You had been playing together for two years and had become best friends because of it. When you had found out she was dating Dee, you were fairly excited. Though you had never really gotten into watching baseball, your family were huge Marlins fans. When they had found out, they had freaked out.

Jessica had taken you to a game once or twice before, but she had never introduced you to any of the players like she had promised this time. You didn't mind it, actually; you were sort of excited. The team had some cute players, that was for sure.

Before you knew it, Saturday rolled around and you drove for four hours to Miami. Jessica had bought tickets to the afternoon game that day, so you were already in Miami by 10 A.M. that morning. You dropped your things at your parent's house, greeting them briefly before meeting Jessica at Marlins Park.

She practically squealed when she saw you, running towards you and attacking you with a hug. You laughed, hugging her back.

"Jess, you're hurting me," you said.

She let go. "Oh, sorry. I'm just happy to see my best friend again," she said.

"Yeah, me too."

You walked around for a while, catching up on how your summer had been going before the gates opened and you made your way to your seats. They were along the first base side of the field, almost in line with first base.

As the players made their way onto the field for warm-ups, Dee spotted you and waved. You and Jessica both giggled at the way his eyes lit up when he saw you. You waved back to him as one of his teammates walked over to him.