twenty | aaron sanchez

closing the distance

You looked down as your phone buzzed on the table, signaling you of a snap from Aaron

You looked down as your phone buzzed on the table, signaling you of a snap from Aaron. You moved your hand from your lap to open your phone.

"Oh, who's that?" (Friend's Name) questioned as she leaned over the table to look at your phone where you were already typing in your password.

"Aaron," you answered simply as you opened the video he had sent you. You smiled as you saw it was a video from the Blue Jays' clubhouse. The video showed Aaron's teammate, Josh, dancing to some Spanish music that someone was playing in the clubhouse. After a few seconds, he noticed that Aaron was filming and started laughing before turning back to his locker.

You picked your phone up, adjusting your hair so it looked as good as possible. You turned on your front facing camera before smiling. You took the picture, inspecting it for a moment before sending it. You placed your phone back down before looking up at (Friend's Name).

She raised an eyebrow in a suggestive manner. "I'll ask again, who is that?"

"And I'll tell you again, it's Aaron," you retorted.

(Friend's Name) leaned forward, resting one elbow on the table as she pointed at you. "I have never seen you try to look that good for a snap, so if you don't tell me who that man is I swear I will-"

"He plays for the Blue Jays."

"He what now?" she questioned in slight disbelief.

"He's a pitcher for the Blue Jays," you explained. "His name is Aaron Sanchez. I met him online."

"God, you're crazy, (Your Name)," she said, shaking her head as she took a sip of her soda. "So, do you like him?"

"Yeah, I guess," you told her. "It's hard to know if you like someone when you've never talked to them face to face, but he's pretty cute."

(Friend's Name) shrugged. "Hey, I ship it."

You rolled your eyes. "Stop."

"You know you love me."

-

AARON
Do you wanna FaceTime?

You smiled brightly at the text. It had been months since you started talking and you finally had the time to talk face to face.

(YOUR NAME)
sure

what's your number?

AARON
It's (xxx) xxx-xxxx

You added his number to your phone as quickly as possible before you texted him.

(YOUR NAME)
heyo
read 7:56 pm

You exited the app before your screen went dark and starting ringing. You smiled as you answered the call before resting your phone up on the back of your desk. Your heart was racing as the video loaded.

As soon as you saw Aaron's face you started grinning. Sure, you had seen his face many times online, but this was so much different; so much more personal. Aaron smiled at you and if it was possible you would have smiled wider.

"Hi," you said, breaking the silence.

He chuckled. "Hi."

You looked away, unsure of what to say. There was only one thought that crossed your mind.

God, he's cute.

The two of you continued to talk for a good hour and a half. You found that it was easy to talk to him; you rarely ran out of questions. You were always asking him about what it was like to play baseball, and he never seemed to get tired of answering your many questions.

However, at around 9:30, he had to leave. You understood; he needed sleep for his job. You smiled as he said goodbye though you were sad that he was leaving. You were so happy when you were talking to him.

After he hung up you sighed deeply, running your hand through your hair. You were so in love with him.

-

AARON
Hey (Your Name)?

(YOUR NAME)
yeah?

AARON
I booked you a flight to Toronto for this weekend. I bought you a front row ticket for my start on Saturday.

(YOUR NAME)
you've gotta be kidding me

AARON
I'm not

(YOUR NAME)
i love you so much

oh my god you are the best

AARON
So you can come?

(YOUR NAME)
of course i can

i wouldn't miss this for anything

AARON
That's good to hear

-

You looked down at your hands, noticing that they were shaking. You were sitting in the seat that Aaron had bought you, which was right behind the Blue Jays' dugout. You sighed as your heart raced. Any moment you would be able to see Aaron.

You scanned the field, looking at the few players that were already out. You saw someone coming out of the dugout and you smiled brightly as you realized who it was. You shot out of your seat, leaning over the top of the dugout to say hi to Aaron. He signaled to the whole in the netting before walking towards it. You mimicked his actions and met him at the door.

Your heart was racing as the door was opened and you stepped onto the field. You were here. Aaron was standing in front of you.

You held your arms out as he wrapped his arms around you and held you close. It was so surreal; you could feel him. It was everything you had ever imagined and more.

He let you go, resting his hands on your sides as he looked at you with a large smile. "I am so happy to see you."

You smiled back. "I'm happy to see you, too."

i literally made a list of players people think are cute and randomly sorted them bc i am always either out of ideas or can't think of someone to write for lmao

3.19.17