twenty three | bryce harper

grand piano

You sighed as you rested your fingers on the pristine piano keys

You sighed as you rested your fingers on the pristine piano keys. You were sat in the empty auditorium at Las Vegas High School - in front of the grand piano that was located at the base of the stage. You closed your eyes as you pressed down on the first key, allowing yourself to imagine a large crowd.

For you, performing in front of large crowds was nothing new. You had been playing piano since you were very little. However, you still found it helpful to get as much practicing in as possible. You allowed yourself to get immersed in the music you were playing - to block everything out and let your fingers do the work.

The song you were practicing was fairly long, but time didn't seem to exist when you were playing. It seemed like a blur. You only opened your eyes when you were done and silence filled the auditorium again. However, that silence only lasted for a moment as you heard a slight noise. You looked out at the seats to see someone leaning on the wall next to the entrance.

"I didn't know you could play, (Your Name)," the person said. You knew who he was now. The boy was Bryce Harper, one of the most popular boys in school.

"How much of that did you hear?" you questioned shyly as he walked towards the stage.

"All of it," he answered. "I was walking by and was curious to see who was playing. You're very good."

"Thank you," you said, a little flustered that arguably the most popular guy in school was choosing to talk to you.

"How long have you been playing?" he asked.

"For as long as I can remember."

Bryce opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by his phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out, looking at the small screen on the cover for a moment before putting the phone back.

"I gotta go," he told you. "Talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yeah," you answered, not sure what to say.

"See ya," he said, giving a slight wave as he walked away. As soon as the doors closed behind him, you let out the breath you hadn't realized you were holding.

From there, the two of you continued to talk and before you knew it, you were in love with him. Apparently, he was, too, because after just two months of knowing each other he asked you to be his girlfriend. Of course, your answer was yes.

You were going strong for a while. You spent almost all your free time together. Though you were only in high school, it felt real. You felt like you were going to be with him forever. However, it became apparent that that wasn't exactly the case.

Rumors started from the day you started dating, but they had never gotten this bad. Wherever you went you could hear people talking about how Bryce was cheating on you with some girl that you had never even heard of. You didn't believe it - you refused to - but it was impossible to ignore the signs.

"I think he's playing your heart like your Grand Piano," (Friend's Name) said as you were sitting at lunch one day. The comment caught you off guard; she had been nothing but supportive this whole time.

"I'm not going to assume anything," you told her firmly.

"Just wait, (Your Name). You'll see that the whole school is right."

And, sadly, they were.

i like this one

this song is gr8 and you should listen to it

04.10.17