Chapter 68

Bri's POV:

Yet again I opened my eyes to see people surrounding my bed. But this time, I didn't recognize any of them. They all looked somewhat human but I could tell they were far from it.

They had a human body but with purple skin with an orange tint to it and they all had white hair that fell to their waists in elaborate braids. Their eyes looked almost electronic with red, orange, and yellow specs in their irises that seemed to glow. Their noses were slightly flattened and they had small mouths.

They all had white lab coats that fell to their knees with white shirts and black pants. They dressed human but once again I knew they were far from it.

The four of them had not seen that I was awake yet, they were looking at my body. They had clipboards and were writing stuff down on paper.

"Hello?" I asked.

One that was near my feet looked up at me.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Recovery Section 12." She spoke.

"Where's the Doctor?" I asked.

"Speaking." she told me.

"To who?" I asked.

The other nurses seemed to giggle.

"To you." the same one said.

"No, not you. The Doctor." I tried to clarify.

"I do not understand what you are trying to say." she stated.

I groaned and threw my head back.

"The man who brought me here, where is he?" I asked.

"I assume he would be in the waiting room." she told me.

"Good, could you fetch him for me?" I asked.

The one nodded and two more walked out to get the Doctor I assume.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Fine." I told her and honestly I did. I felt better than I have in days.

"Good, then it's working." She smiled.

"What's working?" I asked.

"The perception filter." she stated as though it was obvious.

I knew what a perception filter was, and how they are used. But why was one being used on me?

Perception filters change what you see to something different, like a disguise or an illusion.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked quickly.

She opened her mouth to speak but the doors bursted open.

The Doctor rushed in with the two nurses rushing after him.

"Leave us." he directed quickly.

The other 'doctor' bowed slightly. "As you wish."

She signaled for all of the nurses to follow her and with that, the Doctor and I were alone in the small white room.

"Doctor, why are they using a perception filter on me?" I asked as he stopped next to my bed.

"Who told you?" he asked.

"Doctor. Why are they using a perception filter on me?" I asked again.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "You don't want to know."

"Yes I do. Now tell me." I demanded.

He walked over to a machine and flipped a small switch.

I suddenly felt extremely weak, not even able to move my head. I could barely breath, as though my lungs caved in on themselves. I looked down and saw a swelled bump as my stomach.