Chapter 34

Third Person's POV:

"Brianna, I'm so sorry I didn't mean-" the Doctor pleaded.

"I know." she said cutting him off.

They turned around to see everyone in the hallway with them. Everyone's mouths hung open in shock.

"It was my fault." Brianna announced to the group.

She gave one last look at the Doctor before walking into her room. She shut the door and walked in until she heard it open and close again.

She turned and met Louis' blue eyes.

"What was that about?" he asked.

She sighed and pulled out a half packed suitcase from the closet and started slamming clothes into it.

"Get some stuff packed, we leave tonight." she said, tossing him a large duffle bag.

"Slow down, what's going on, why are we leaving?" he asked.

"This always happens, I finally get somewhere with someone and he just comes in and screws it up." she muttered while taking a few tows and tucking them into her suitcase.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

She sighed and stopped packing. She brushed her dark hair from her brown eyes and decided she would have to tell him.

"My whole life he's had me all to myself, with no guy to share me with. When Tyler came along, he didn't seem to care. But when I told him I was pregnant, he lost it. Tyler left and then the Doctor swore to himself that he would never let a guy hurt me again. Now he over reacts to everything." she told him.

"He just cares." Louis told her.

"Yeah, he cares too much." she replied quickly.

"So were are we going?" he asked.

"Somewhere, anywhere just way from him. I finally found something nourishing in my life and I'm not going to let him rip that away from me as well, now pack a bag." she demanded with a small amount of frustration in her tone.

She grabbed another duffle bag from the closet and laid it on the bag, ready to pack it.

"What, you get two bags and I only get one?" Louis teased jokingly. Bri took it seriously.

"This isn't for me." she told him while rushing around and packing more things away.

"Who's it for then?" he asked.

"We're taking Kira."

*late that night*

Brianna dressed in dark clothes as well as Louis. They hung their bags over their shoulders and ran out to the console.

"Do you know how to fly this thing?" Louis whispered.

"Nope." Bri whispered while flipping switches and pushing buttons. "But luckily, the Doctor told me what buttons to press if I needed to get home during an emergency and he wasn't there."

"So where are we landing?" he asked.

"Outside my apartment complex." she told him.

After they landed, Bri ran to the doors quietly and led Lou outside. It was dark, about 10:00 and they needed to get Kira.

"What now?" Lou asked.

"Now we get a car." she told him without hesitation. "You're going to have to man up and get on a motorcycle for a few minutes.

Louis sighed but eventually agreed knowing the consequences. They drove to a nearby shop that sold cheap used cars. Brianna knew the owner and convinced him to let them buy at such a late time.

Bri had taken a bundle of cash before they left. They bought the car cheap for $300. It was a rusted truck with a large back. They threw the suitcases in the back and got in. Brianna started driving to Sam's moms house to pickup Kira.

"So where are we going?" Louis asked.

"I don't know. . . Somewhere far from here." she told him without taking her eyes off the road.

"You alright?" He asked her, placing his hand on top of hers. She smiled weakly at it.

"I've always had this planned out in my head its just. . . I never thought I'd do it." she admitted.

Silence filled the car for the rest of the drive. They pulled up and Bri told Louis to stay in the car. She then got quickly got out of the car. She knocked on the door and after a few moments, Mrs. Jen answered.

"Brianna! What a surprise, what's up?" she asked cheerfully.

"I need to take Kira, I'm sorry its so sudden but I'm in a bit of a fix. Shes not safe and I won't sleep until she's at my side." Bri told her.

"I just put her to bed, but sure whatever you want she's your kid." Jen replied.

Bri walked in and into Sam's old room which Kira occupied at the time. Kira was curled up in Sam's big bed with he head peaking from the covers.

"Kira, Kira sweetheart wake up." Brianna whispered as Kira awoke.

"Mommy!" Kira said cheerfully and wrapped her arms around her mothers neck.

"Hey monkey." Bri greeted.

"Why are you here?" Kira questioned.

"We're going on a trip." Brianna told her.

"What kind of trip?" Kira asked, rubbing her eyes.

"A fun one! Now lets go." Brianna said trying to lighten the mood.

Bri picked up her daughter and left after saying a thank you to Mrs. Jen.

They got in the truck and Bri started driving away. She sighed knowing from then on, her little family would be safe.

"Where are we going?" Kira asked after a few minutes.

"Wherever we want." Bri smiled.

"Can we go to Disneyland?" Kira asked.

"No monkey, it's not that kind of trip." she told her, rubbing Kira's back.

They drove for another hour until Kira and Louis were asleep. Bri found herself drifting lanes from tiredness and decided it would be best to pull over and go to sleep.

She took a back road into a forest and parked the car in the middle of a valley. Louis woke up and decided to sleep in the back of the truck to give Kira and Bri more room to sleep.

And with that, they spent their first night in the wilderness.