Chapter 41

Bri's POV:

I opened the doors for everyone to look out and see the horrid city. People were walking around with slaves behind them with chains around their wrists. Many of the slave people were covered in cuts and bruises and starved. Their skin hung from their bones showing that they had been suffering from malnutrition. Many of the people walking were walking from around the same area.

Zayn started to walk out when I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Out there." he shrugged.

"Dressed like that you aren't." I scoffed.

He was wearing a polo t-shirt and jeans.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah." Liam added, defending him.

I sighed and closed the doors knowing that we weren't going out any time soon. Everyone backed up from the doors.

"So, what's wrong with my outfit again?" Zayn asked.

"If you go out there dressed like that you'll start a riot." I told him.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Were in the early 1500's, clothes like that weren't around yet. That is considered extremely indecent." I explained.

"OOohhh." all the boys said.

"Go change, Brianna will escort you to the wardrobe." The Doctor said.

I led everyone to the wardrobe and we walked over to the 1500's section.

"Now, the traditional attire for men at this time is light armor and girls, a dress." I explained. I heard Sam sigh at that. "I will choose each of your outfits that match your back stories."

"What back stories?" Niall asked.

"So lets assume a man walks up to you on the streets and asks where your from. What do you say?" I asked trying to prove my point.

"Uh... London?" Niall said being very unsure of himself.

"Wrong. I will assign each of you a back story so you will know how to answer this question." I explained.

I walked around and grabbed a couple armor suits and walked back to the group.

"Liam, you will be from the North. You grew up in a small town, your father was a poor merchant and your mother died of a unknown disease when you were 14. When you were 17, you left that town and you are now a sell sword." he nodded and I gave him his outfit. It was black light armor with a thick leather chest plate and leather legs and arms.

I then did this with Niall, Louis, and Harry.

"Am I a king?" Zayn asked smiling thinking about what his back story would be.

"Zayn, the ranking I'm giving you is nothing personal. This is just how it is during this time." I told him.

His smile fell into a curious frown.

"What am I?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm not going to give you a back story because you will not need it. No one other than us will talk to you." I explained.

I held up his thin outfit. He took the stained clothing from me. He went and put it on. When he came out, it was on completely wrong.

I grabbed the needed article of clothing and handed it to him.

"Why do I need a collar?" he asked taking it from me.

"You need it because you are going to play the role of the slave." I explained.