Chapter 59

Bri's POV:

I collapsed onto my comfortable bed after the long hot shower. It was around night time for me and I was exhausted from Zayn's fighting lessons.

I looked at my shins to see some decent sized welts and bruises along with harsh bruising on my knuckles.

Zayn showed me how to throw a proper punch and which part of your hand to hit with. After a while every time I punched wrong Zayn would whack my shins with a wooden cane, explaining the throbbing and harsh scars on my shins.

It looked quite badass but I might have to wear pants for a while. I went under the covers and although I was physically exhausted, I couldn't for the life of me fall asleep.

I opened the drawer on my nightstand and pulled out the book I was currently reading. A Song of Ice and Fire: A Feast for Crows, it was the forth book of Game of Thrones.

As I resumed my place I heard a sharp knocking on my door.

"Come in." I said loudly and the door swung open.

"What now Louis?!" I said rather mean.

He smiled as he came and sat on the end of my bed after closing the door behind him. He held his hand behind his back, hiding something.

"I just wanted to give you something." he smiled.

"What?" I asked.

He pulled a plate of freshly cooked cookies from behind his back. He placed them on the bed, next to my knee.

"Are they poisoned?" was the first thing I asked.

He scoffed and slouched. "See, this is what I get for being nice!" he said while picking up a cookie and taking a bite out of it.

"What are you reading?" He asked with his mouth full, I'm surprised I understood him.

He held the book up so he could see the page cover.

"A Feast for Crows." he said as he examined the book.

He quickly scrolled through the book. "Where are all the pictures?" he asked.

I laughed and he smiled at me.

"What's it about?" he asked.

"The struggle and wars that fight over who claims the Iron Throne and rules over all the Seven Kingdoms." I told him.

"Are there any unicorns?" he asked.

"No." I told him. He frowned. "But there's dragons." I added.

He shrugged. "Eh, dragons are boring."

"EXCUSE YOU!" I yelled in shock.

"Damn." he laughed. "Never mind then."

"How many pages is it?" he asked.

"Eight hundred give or take." I told him.

His eyes widened and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"How big is the text?" he asked.

"Very small and the pages are like the pages in bibles." I told him.

"And you're reading it?" he asked.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"That just seems awfully complex." he told me.

"The best part is, this is the fourth book and the author is writing the sixth now." I told him.

His eyes went so wide.

"Are all of them like that?" he asked.

"Yep." I told him.