Chapter 38

Sam's POV:

I woke up to doors around us slamming. I looked at the clock on my nightstand.

2:48 AM

What was going on?

I got out of bed and walked to the door. I opened it hesitantly and looked out into the hallway.

The Doctor was pacing back and forth with his hands scrunched in his hair. He was outraged.

"Doctor. . .?" I asked hesitantly.

He marched up to me angrily. "Did you know?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Know what?" I asked slowly.

He slammed his fist on the wall. "Dammit." he muttered to himself.

"Doctor what's going on, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Brianna and Louis are gone." he muttered and walked down the hallway.

What?

"What do you mean they're gone?" I asked following him to the console room.

"Just gone! They left a few hours ago, I have the landing history here." he said gesturing to the monitor on the console.

"Why would they do that?" I asked becoming concerned.

"I don't know and honestly I'm worried they're in over their heads." he explained.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

He simply turned to me and smirked. "You know how trouble clings to Brianna like mud to a pig." He smirked slightly.

"How did they even leave I thought we're in space?" I asked.

"A long time ago I taught her how to land the TARDIS near your apartment in case of any emergencies." he explained.

"Well do you know where they are?" I asked.

He sighed "No, both their phones are unresponsive. Brianna's smarter than that, she's been on the run more than anybody."

"What's that mean?"

"Never mind."

He started messing around on the console and looked at the monitor again.

"What are you doing now?" I asked walking around the console to stand next to him.

"Scanning for any sort of photo evidence as to where they are. If her face is in something as simple as a background of a picture, we'll find them."

But why did they leave?

Bri's POV:

It was about 9:00 PM. I walked downstairs after tucking Kira in, in our room. Kira and I shared a guest bedroom and Louis took another one. Tyler just slept in his room. Louis was in his room doing whatever.

Tyler was sitting at the kitchen table with a beer looking out into the forest through the window. I leaned against the wall across from him.

"Kira wanted me to say goodnight." I chuckled lightly as I sat down.

"Why didn't she come herself?" He asked while handing me a beer.

"I don't know, I think she has the idea in her head that there's a chance we could get back together." I told him after taking a sip of my beer.

"Is there?" he asked looking at me.

"Ty, no. Not with Louis here." I sighed.

"So if he wasn't here. . ."

"I don't know Ty. He's here and that's all we need to worry about right now."

"Yeah, you're right. Forget I brought it up."

"Why did you bring it up?" I asked leaning forward.

"I don't know Lola, I don't know." he said while shaking his head slightly.

"Haven't heard that name in a while." I smirked remembering the nickname he had always called me.

"Well you haven't seen me in a while have you." he laughed lightly.

"I guess." I sighed taking another sip from the bottle. "Well, not since I came back, that is."

"Why did you come back?" He asked.

"I wasn't going to keep Kira's father from her like mine was from me." I explained.

"Does she know?"

"Yeah, I confirmed it with her today."

"How did she take it?"

"Fine. But she's only a kid and doesn't really understand things yet."

"I agree, it'll take some time to get use to having a kid around." he smiled.

"Lets just hope she doesn't get too attached to this place." I sighed.

"What's that mean?" he asked.

"Well we aren't gonna live here. This is just for a few days, maybe a week or two." I explained.

"Well that doesn't mean we can't stay in contact. . . Does it?" he asked hesitantly.

"No, we can still talk."

"Yeah while we're switching out Kira."

"What do you mean?" I asked worried as to what the answer might be.

"Well I figured that now she knows who I am. . ."

"That you would have custody?" I asked cutting him off.

He nodded.

"Tyler, if that's what you're expecting then you're gonna be disappointed. Sorry, but this is a one time thing." I explained quickly.

"You can't keep my daughter from me!" he said somewhat angrily.

"And I'm not going to but if you think you're going to have custody I'm afraid you're mistaken!" I yelled.

"Whatever, forget I said anything." he said frustrated.

"That's just not the situation I want to put her in right now. I don't want her to have to bounce around like you did." I sighed while taking a sip from my beer.

Tyler's parents got divorced when he was about 12 and he would always go from house to house and he hated it. It was one of the reasons he would always bring me here. He would have a chance to get away from all the bullshit he had to put up with daily.

"You're right, it's hard going around like that and I don't want her to have to carry that heavy of a burden." He sighed realizing that I was right.

"Exactly, thank you." I took another sip of my beer and then realized it was empty. I threw it in the trash and said goodnight to Tyler. I walked upstairs and brushed my teeth so that Kira wouldn't smell the alcohol.

I walked in our room and she was curled up on the big bed. I laid next to her and got under the covers. She rolled over and wrapped her arms around me. I held her gently. I could never let her stay here with Tyler without me. He shouldn't have custody and I'm right.

But am I?