Ticklish

Nico and Will sat side by side on their bed, reading and petting their cat respectively. As their cat, Count Fluffikins, meowed and purred into Will's touch, Nico put a bookmark in the page he left off on and placed it next to him on the nightstand. He stared at Will for a moment, the warm light making his face softer and the coziness in the air making the him feel warm. It felt intimate and Nico held back a smile when Will giggled at Count accidentally falling over in his lap.

Will noticed someone's eyes on him and flitted his gaze towards Nico. "Whatcha staring at?" Will's smile grew by a fraction.

"Nothing," Nico responded bluntly, though he couldn't quite smother the twitch of his lips. Nico absentmindedly reached for their cat but yelped when it bit his finger (though it was probably being playful).

"Stupid cat," Nico scowled as he nursed his finger to his chest.

Will laughed at Nico's misfortune. "Don't worry! Count Fluffikins was just playing around weren't you," he cooed at the cat. He picked Count up and nuzzled his nose with the cat's, his eyes scrunched up and his teeth showing through his bright smile.

And for a moment, Nico forgot about the bite, his work, and his problems. He forgot about everything else and for a moment, he could only think about how lucky he was that he was with Will. Sometimes Nico still couldn't believe that he was married to the love of his life and was now taking care of a cat together in their home.

Will broke Nico's trance by singing, "You're staring again."

Nico snapped out of his thoughts and focused on Will's easy smile and the way his blue eyes still shone in the dim light. He focused on the warm feeling in his chest threatening to burst and how Will was always the one to make him feel like this since the beginning. And with that he threw off the blanket that covered them both and began tickling Will mercilessly.

"S-Stop, Neeks!" Will garbled out in between laughs. He clutched at his stomach and squirmed at Nico's fingers wiggling on his stomach. Eventually, Nico gave up too and besides, he was laughing too hard to continue anyways.

Nico ended up laying on top of Will, arms braced on either side of the taller man's head. They looked at each other for a moment in their playful haze and Nico didn't hesitate to lean down and plant a kiss of Will's lips. Will met him halfway.

Nico couldn't be happier.

• • •

A/n: hah! Writing?? Never heard of her.

Oof sorry for the lack of updates. I had a bunch of ideas but little to no motivation to actually write >.<

Also quick book recommendation: y'all should read the series called All for the Game!! The first book is called The Foxhole Court and it's basically about gangs, running from pasts, dealing with said pasts, and building bonds and trusts in a non-cliche way. It's disguised as a book about a made up sport called Exy which is like a cross between lacrosse and ice hockey just without the ice and within a glass arena.

The characters are great and I definitely felt for all of them. It gets very deep and warning: the series deals with a lot of heavy subjects so I recommend searching up trigger warnings and stuff to see if you'll actually want to read it.

Otherwise, a really great book and now one of my favorites!!

-Victoria :)