Grocery Shopping

"HURRY UP SLOWPOKE OR SO HELP ME, WILL SOLACE!" Nico shouted from inside their car.

Moments later, Will came rushing put of their apartment complex, hastily slipping on his jacket. "Okay okay, I'm coming," he said, getting into the passenger seat.

"What took you so long?" Nico said, exasperated.

"Hey, you can't rush the beauty process. It takes time to achieve this level of perfection."

"What beauty process?" Nico grumbled. He couldn't believe that Will had woken him up at 8 AM to go on "one of the most important milestones in our relationship" as Will had put it.

Grocery shopping. They were going grocery shopping.

"Can't you just wait?! We really need some candy for our apartment. Oh, and I also want some orange juice, too! Ooh ooh, and some—"

Will's rambling was cut of by Nico. "Calm down, Will. It's only grocery shopping."

"Nuh uh," argued Will. "It's gonna be an adventure!"

They stopped at a red light and Nico took this time time to admire Will. He currently had a childish grin on, his face flushed with excitement.

Will caught Nico staring and shot him one of his signature dazzling smiles, which sent Nico's heart fluttering in response.

It was only when the car behind them honked to get their attention that Nico realized that the light turned green. He gave Will a small smile and continued on with their adventure.

-----

When the two boys walked in, they were immediately blasted with cool air.

Will hurriedly dragged Nico and the shopping cart towards the candy aisle. Almost as if on instinct, Will began to grab particular candies, all ranging from Japanese to Hawaiian, before dumping them into the shopping cart.

"Holy Hera, you're gonna make us broke from all this candy you're buying and from the future dental bills we'll have to cover because of your future cavities," scolded Nico. "How do you even know which ones to choose?"

"Well," Will sighed. "My mom and I used to go grocery shopping all the time. It was like our little thing. Anyways, on one particular bad day, my mom cheered me up by suggesting that we taste test all the candies to see which one tasted the best."

"So yeah, I guess that's why I was so excited to go grocery shopping with you. I wanted to let you in on this mini tradition." Will finished his story with a half smile.

Nico suddenly get guilty for being rude earlier in the morning. "Oh. Uh, I'm sorry I was rude before. I didn't know—"

"It's okay," Will assured. "Plus, you're cute when you're grumpy." Nico blushed. "You're like a small, cute kitten. Adorable!" Will booped Nico's nose when he said "adorable."

Nico rolled his eyes, though he had a smile on his face. "C'mon, let's go buy some actual food."

-----

Will had gone off to the fruit section to get some oranges, leaving Nico alone in the dairy aisle to find some milk.

When he walked back to where Nico was standing, he saw that a stranger was talking to, no flirting with, Nico.

Will felt a pang of jealousy hit him but he immediately pushed it away after seeing how uncomfortable Nico looked. Will knew that Nico was too shy to get himself out of these situations. So Will did the only reasonable thing there was to do.

Will marched up the the pair, put his arm around Nico's waist protectively, stared straight into the stranger's eyes and said, "Hi, I'm Nico's boyfriend, Will."

Thr stranger visibly paled and muttered something about having to do something before quickly walking off.

Nico breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks." Nico gave him one of his rare, but precious smiles.

Will was about to say "no problem" when he felt Nico's lips on his. The kiss what short but sweet.

When they pulled apart, Nico was blushing and flustered while Will just stood there grinning like a doofus. After a moment, Will reverted back to his happy self and took Nico's hand.

"You know I love you right?" Asked Will.

"I know," replied Nico, happily.

-----

Both Nico and Will collapsed onto their couch at the end of their adventure.

"Damn, that was tiring," said Nico.

"Yeah, but you liked shopping with me, didn't you?" Will countered, wiggling his eyebrows.

Nico sighed but he was too tired to disagree. "Fine," he said with a wry grin. "I did have fun."

Will screamed "YES" and jumped up to do a happy dance. Nico laughed at how ridiculous his boyfriend was.

-----

A/n: hoped you guys like this cuz I thought it was really cute!

-Victoria