NO, MY ICE CREAM!

(inspired by the pic above - credit: otpdisaster on tumblr)

Will turned on his siren as he spotted a beat up, black car go about 10 miles above the speed limit. Will sighed as started tailing the car. He was getting tired of this. If he had known that he would start off as a street police officer, he wouldn't even have joined in the first place. But he figures he'll just have to work hard to be promoted.

The black car slowed down to a stop and Will stopped his police car too. He got out of his well-worn seat and headed over the the driver's window. As he neared the vehicle, he heard a muffled scream followed by "NO, MY ICE CREAM!" When he looked inside, he saw a smaller man furiously licking the sides of an ice cream cone as the chocolate began dripping onto the steering wheel. His brown eyes were frantic and his raven hair was tied back into a ponytail. The sight of this person made Will's stomach flutter for some reason.

Will was stunned for a moment. 'This is new.' He tapped on the glass and the other person looked up, his tongue still attached to the ice cream. His innocent, adorably cute expression made Will's heart skip a beat and he opened his mouth to try and say something but he couldn't. Thankfully, the other person rolled down his windows and launched into a rushed speech.

"I am so sorry officer but I just got this ice cream from McDonald's and it is literally the best thing I've ever had. Like seriously, try it. And anyways, it started melting so I wanted to get home faster and finish it before it completely turned to goop and oh mY GOD IT'S STILL MELTING." Just as the other person finished his last sentence, he immediately stuffed the whole ice cream part into his mouth. His eyes widened at the sudden coldness but it turned into a face of bliss as the flavor melted onto his tongue. He finished his treat and looked back up at Will.

Will had watched the whole ordeal and before he could stop himself, he let out a laugh he didn't know he had been holding. His whole body shook as he laughed. The other person stared at him like he was a weird person, which was ironic since he was the one that got pulled over for trying to save a melting ice cream cone.

After Will's laughter died down, he bent down to the open window and leaned his arms against the frame. He felt a rush of cool air inside and he guessed that the other person had turned on his air conditioner on full blast in a desperate attempt to save his ice cream. "Hey, so my name's officer Will Solace. I'm gonna need to see your driver's license or some form of ID."

It seemed like now that there was no immediate ice cream emergency, the other person only now fully realized that he was probably going to get a ticket and he let out a groan. "Sure officer. Just give me a moment." The other person rummaged around in his pockets before taking out a wallet and slipping his license out. He placed the card onto Will's outstretched palm and Will began to read it over.

Will knew that the other person was probably waiting for the incoming ticket, based on his distressed face. However, Will wasn't going to do that. He read over the license, commenting on every tidbit of information in his head. 'Nico di Angelo. Ooh, pretty name for a pretty boy. Age 23. Hmm, only one year younger than me. His height is 5'5". A bit shorter than me.' After he had gathered all his intel, he leaned back down to face the other person, Nico, to give him back the license.

"Now, I'm not going to give you a ticket." Nico seemed to relax from that statement. "But, you still owe me something." Nico tensed up and his face became one of despair again. "We're going to have to go to McDonald's and get some more ice cream together sometime." Nico looked at Will, confused. Then as realization dawned on him that Will was asking him out, he opened and closed his mouth like a fish, his face getting redder by the second.

Every second that Nico didn't respond, Will's confidence was slowly chipping away. "Oh, um, you don't have to, of course. I'm not making you. I just, I, uh..." Will blushed.

"No, no. I would love to go out with you," Nico finally said. His cheeks and neck were pink now, which Will found endearing. He looked at Will and gave him a teeny, tiny smile and Will returned the favor by giving him his signature happy smile.

They exchanged numbers and Will happily strolled back to his cruiser, excited for his upcoming date with Nico.