An Early Christmas Present

Nico woke up to a persistent pounding on his cabin door. He grumbled and fumbled around under his blanket as he stuffed his face into his pillow.

"What is it?" Nico called out, his voice muffled by the pillow.

He didn't recieve an answer but the knocking did stop. Nico groaned and squinted at the door. "I'm going to have to check it out now, right?" Nico muttered to himself. He learned from previous experiences to never ignore an ominous knocking at the door (thanks to the Stoll brothers).

Nico walked (well, stumbled) to door and opened it with a bang. But when he did, he immediately jumped back and gawked at what was in front of him.

It was a huge box, wrapped in red and green wrapping paper and topped off with a red bow. Nico, deciding to be cautious, nudged the box with his foot.

"This better not be a prank, I swear to Hades," Nico said, directing it to whatever was in the box.

Slowly, he ripped the bow and wrapping paper off. He opened the lid and—

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Nico yelped and jumped back. He looked at Will, whose bottom half was still in the box, with wide eyes.

"What the..."

Will only smiled and said, "Merry Christmas, Nico!"

Nico rolled his eyes, though there was fond smile on his face. "It's not even Christmas yet, you dork."

Will waved his hands dismissively. "Consider this an early Christmas present then."

Nico snorted but went along with it anyways. He walked closer to Will and leaned his head in.

"Well, Merry early Christmas."

Will smiled again and leaned in too. "And Merry early Christmas to you too."

They met each other halfway with a kiss. Both boys were smiling into it but they didn't mind. When they pulled apart, they looked up to see that the first snowfall as descending upon camp. The snowflakes danced and fluttered around them.

"Wow, a Christmas miracle," Will whispered.

Nico laughed and shoved him playfully. "What a dork."

Nico helped Will out of the box and together, they walked to the dining pavilion to start their day.