Greek Delights Bakery

Will walked down the street at a brisk pace. He wasn't late to his first day of medical school. In fact, he was probably an hour early. But he woke up at the break of dawn that morning and he couldn't go back to sleep so he figured he should just get up and get ready.

He decided to explore the town. He moved into an apartment with his best friend Cecil who was generous enough to offer Will someplace closer to his school.

Will took in everything as he strolled along. A pharmacy. A grocery store. A library. It was your typical town. As he passed a bakery, he stopped in his tracks when heard a soft voice singing.

The only good thing I see is you, you, you
Good thing it's only me and you, you, you
I know you're good for me
I think I'm good for you
So let's see what tonight brings
Maybe it's a good thing too

Will was awestruck. Not only was this person's voice smooth and strong in its own soft way, it seemed to give off such intense emotion, such a longing. It was as if this person could channel his emotions through every word he sang. Will would probably be extremely happy to hear this person sing again.

He looked up to where the voice was coming from once the singing stopped and saw an open window above the bakery. This person was probably living in the apartment there. He strained his neck to try and see who it was but sadly, the windows were so tinted that he couldn't see inside the home.

He looked back down to the printed letters on the glass windows of the bakery. "Greek Delights Bakery," Will muttered to himself. He stood outside for a few moments wondering whether or not he should go in. Might as well go in and get some breakfast, he thought. He pushed open door and headed in.

-----

Nico got up from the windowsill and stretched. He always got up earlier than when his shift started to sing a little. Singing makes him calm. It takes all of his thoughts and replaces them with the familiar lyrics of his favorite songs. He often uses songs to convey his emotions. The truth is, Nico sometimes feels a bit lonely. And it didn't help that today was Bianca's birthday and she wasn't here anymore.

Nico sighed. He walked down the crickety steps that lead to the back of his workplace. Percy, the owner of the store (he's the same age as Nico but he inherited the bakery from his Greek family. Hence, Greek Delights Bakery), was nice enough of offer Nico a job here so he could at least earn a little money to try and pay for college.

Nico entered the cozy interior. A few wooden chairs and tables littered the middle. All around the walls were glass cases that showcased their pastries and such. He went behind the counter and into the kitchen to see Percy and Jason, their close friend who also worked there, messing around with some dough.

"Guys! Stop fooling around. You're going to get that dough everywhere," Nico chastised.

Percy and Jason both stopped playing and gave Nico identical pouts. Nico only rolled his eyes and gave them a small grin before heading back out behind the cash register. On the way, he grabbed one of the few aprons hanging on a hook by the kitchen door. Just as he got to the counter, a bell jingled, signifying that a customer was walking in.

Nico's breath hitched when he saw the sight before him. The man had shiny blonde hair, tan skin, and warm, blue eyes. Kind of like Jason, Nico thought, but this guy made Nico's heart thump a little faster and his hands were getting a bit sweaty at the thought of talking to him.

The stranger walked over to one of the glass cases and browsed around before selecting a blueberry muffin. He headed over to where the cash register was and placed the muffin into Nico's outstretched hands. Their fingers grazed ever so slightly and it left a little tingle on Nico's hands.