We Didn't Start The Fire

"We didn't start the fire!" Will sang, er shouted, enthusiastically. He bobbed his head back and forth while still keeping his eyes on the road. But that didn't keep him from using one hand to make wild gestures and pretend that he was singing into a microphone.

"It was always burning since the world's been turning!" Will's window was down just a teeny bit so a bit of chilly air could be let through but he wouldn't be blasted with cold air. He was heading to his friend, Jason's, house where he had decided to throw a little gathering since most of his friends were in town for spring break. Outside, there were little to no cars passing by which made it the perfect time to sing unabashedly with only a little bit of risk.

"WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE!" Will sang with more energy, emphasizing each word by stomping his foot. As he slowly stopped at a red light, he upped his moves and started twisting this way and that in his seat while finishing the chorus.

"No, we didn't light it but we tried to fight it!" He squeezed his eyes shut and thrashed around in place. It was at this moment that he happened to look towards his left and he made eye contact with big, brown eyes. Will immediately halted his singing and froze in place, his hands in midair. The driver of the car next to him was looking at him with a mix of amusement and curiosity written all over his face. He had his head cocked to the side which made his raven hair fall over his face more.

Uh oh, what was he supposed to do now?

Then the other driver gave Will a knowing smile.

This caused Will to widen his eyes and open and close his mouth like a fish. Not only did the other driver catch him acting like an idiot in his car, but he was also cute and wow, this guy had dimples and his smile practically made Will's heart race.

Will looked away, his face on fire. "Oh my gods, that was so embarrassing," Will muttered to himself and then groaned. He gripped the steering wheel a little bit harder than necessary and tried his best not to look towards his left again while he anxiously waited for the red light to turn green. He could feel the stranger's eyes on him and he was beginning to sweat.

Finally, after a few excruciating seconds, the green light blinked on and Will hurriedly sped away. He wasn't trying to get away from the cute guy and the embarrassment. Nope, he just doesn't want to be late to Jason's party.

(At least, that's what Will was trying to convince himself.)

He glanced behind through the rear view mirror and saw that the other person's car wasn't tailing him. Will let out an audible sigh of relief. It was no use dwelling on it anymore. They were just two passing strangers and it was highly unlikely that they would meet again. Therefore, Will wouldn't have to be reminded of the previous incident.

However, now he was feeling more sweaty and sticky than he had to so he rolled the window the rest of the way down so he could let the wind cool him off as he drove. As the song slowly faded away, it was replaced by a new one that had Will grinning again.

"I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me," Will sang along, his voice deep and full of emotion as if he was actually singing to someone. "I still feel your touch in my dreams."

As the beat picked up, he tapped his finger along with it on the steering wheel. "Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why." Will already felt excited for the upcoming chorus.