Stood Up

Nico fidgeted in his seat, his eyes wandering back to the front door. Where was he? He sighed again when he didn't spot anyone coming in that could've been his date. Around him, people were beginning to send him sympathetic looks and oh god, it just made him feel worse.

Of course. Who would want to date him? Nico had to thank Jason later for trying to set them up but it just hadn't worked out. His date had stood him up. Nico tried not to let the tightness of his chest get to him. He tried not to let the tears stinging in the corner of his eyes show. But he just wanted to go home and eat the rejection away in the form of a tub of ice cream.

Just as he was about to get up though, someone sat down across from him. Nico was surprised to see someone that wasn't his date. He had blonde hair and blue eyes that shone with friendliness and understanding.

"Sorry I'm late, babe. The traffic was crazy," the guy explained loudly. Then he leaned across the table and whispered, "My name's Will. Just go along with it." He paused and then added, "Your date must've been a real douchebag to stand up a guy like you."

Nico sniffled a bit and gave the other guy a small smile. He was thankful that someone had the heart to try and save him. And not to mention that Will was also pretty cute, with the freckles and the twinkling in his pretty blue eyes.

"Thanks. I'm Nico, by the way."

The rest of the night flowed smoothly. Will had coaxed Nico from his shell and made the air of disappointment around him into one of lightness by telling jokes and embarrassing stories about himself. Nico found himself returning the favor by actually holding a conversation with him and laughing with him. By the end of the night, Nico had forgotten all about being stood up earlier.

-----

As the pair walked out of the restaurant, the cool air washed over them. Will looked at Nico and stared at the smaller boy's rosy cheeks and pink nose that stood out against his pale skin. His back hair fluttered in the slight breeze and it just made Will's fluttering stomach even more intense.

"So, um, I kinda like you. A lot," Will began. He took in Nico's shocked expression before powering on. "And as much fun as this impromptu date was, I would really like to go on an actual date with you." Will gulped and nervously looked away.

"Sure. I would love to go on a date with you."

Will looked up to see Nico smiling, his dark eyes shining and oh god, Will was falling hard.

The pair stared at each other a bit more before they exchanged numbers and parted ways, both of them leaving with a giddy feeling in their chests and an excited smile on their face.

-----

This story was inspired by the pic below..