Why Wait?

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Ah, yes. Another excruciating day at school. Don't get him wrong, Nico loved his job as an art teacher at his local high school. What's better than doing something you have a passion for and getting paid for it at the same time? But one thing that always got on Nico's nerves were those kids. You know, the ones who sit in the back and do nothing except make inappropriate jokes. Nico has scolded them repeatedly but they would just brush it off and continue to do whatever they were doing in the first place. Oh well, guess they're going to receive bad grades for his class.

Nico groaned as he turned over and shut up his alarm clock. He pulled his blanket back over his head to protect himself from the sun outside. Just five more minutes.

-----

Will pulled up to the high school parking lot, drumming his finger on the steering wheel. It was his first day of school as an anatomy teacher and he was definitely nervous. What if he messes up his introduction? What if he does something embarrassing? What if the students don't like him? What if the other teachers don't like him? Oh, gods.

Will shook these thoughts out of his head as he stepped out of his car and walked through the doors of Olympus High School. There were a few students milling about, all glancing at Will curiously. Will flashed them a smile before heading to the main office. He received his instructions and schedule and such and headed up to the fourth floor, which was where his classroom was.

Once he got there he surveyed his surroundings. It was a typical classroom with beat up tables attached to equally beat up chairs. There was a giant whiteboard along one side of the wall and his desk sat in the far corner in front of the board. Windows lined the back wall, letting the sunlight stream in.

Will hummed in approval. He set his bag onto the teacher's desk and set up his textbook and lesson plans, while also adding personal touches like a photo of his mom and a bobblehead of a skeleton. Then he went around and hung up posters of the human skeleton and different muscles and veins. After he was finished, he stepped back and gave his classroom a once-over before deciding it was acceptable.

He glanced up at the clock saw that there was fifteen minutes until his first class. Already, a few students had walked in and Will made an effort to introduce himself. After the first bell rang and a few stragglers hurried in, Will introduced himself formally, writing "Mr. Solace" on the board and telling his class a few things about himself. Most of the students seemed to like him enough, which gave Will a boost of confidence. He started his lesson and breezed through it, writing notes on the board for students to copy and taking any questions that the kids had for him.

Ten minutes in, however, someone barged into his classroom and shouted, "Sorry I'm late!" Said person had black hair that covered most of his face, several piercings in his ear and deep, brown eyes that slowly widened as he looked around the room. Will would've thought that the other man was a student but he was wearing a dress shirt that was messily tucked into a pair of really tight skinny jeans and a leather jacket covering his top half. There was a jet black bag that was slung over his body and Will could see the tips of some brushes peeking through. Will looked at the person with his eyebrows raised, his hand hovering over the board where he was previously writing.

Actually, it seemed like Will was the only one who was surprised. The rest of the class just looked at the man knowingly and one kid even shouted out, "Hey, Mr. di Angelo! You late again?" Will looked back at the man who was now scowling, his face becoming progressively redder. The man turned back to Will and quickly mumbled an apology before rushing out of the room and out into the hallway.

Will stood there in a confused daze. He snapped out of it and resumed his lesson, but not before making a mental note to himself to find out more about that man. Mr. di Angelo.