Movie

"Wanna come over?"

When Will had asked Nico that, he was obviously anxious. It was the first time that Will had invited him over since they started dating. Nico had said to himself that this is what couples do. They go over to each other's place all the time. But still, Nico couldn't squash that coil of nervousness in his stomach.

But when he got to Will's apartment and was greeted by his sunny smile, they had just gotten to studying. That had definitely calmed Nico's nerves. Now, with Nico on the floor of Will's bedroom and Will at his desk, they were both tired of reading their textbook.

"I'm booored," Will whined, and put his forehead on his textbook.

"Me too but we have to be sure that we get everything," Nico murmured while trying to keep his eyes open.

Will snorted. "Look at you! You look like you're about to fall asleep right here."

Nico was about to retort when Will said, "How 'bout we watch a movie?"

Nico took a second to mull it over before agreeing. Will beamed (which made Nico's breath get caught in his throat. He doesn't think he'll be able to get use to Will's gorgeous smiles) and trotted over to his bed where his laptop was sitting.

Nico watched Will turn the laptop on and scroll through a list of movies from the floor. Then a thought struck him. Where was he going to sit?

Will's bed could fit two people but they would have to be really close to one another. Would Will let Nico sit on his bed with him? Or would he have to sit on floor throughout the movie?

His thoughts were interrupted when Will cleared his throat and looked at Nico imploringly. "What're you doing still on the floor?" Then Will paused and Nico noticed that Will's cheeks were a bit flushed. Will patted the space next to him and said, "Here. Sit next to me so you can actually watch the movie with me."

Nico could feel his neck getting warmer and he inwardly cursed his traitorous skin. But, he did smile a little due to the fact that Will had actually suggested it. Will returned Nico's smile with one of his own.

Nico stood up and made his way over to Will's bed and sat down next to Will. And oh boy. As Nico leaned back on the bed frame, he was very aware of how his whole left side was smushed against Will's right. Suddenly, that nervous coil was back again.

Even when Will started the movie ("Its gonna be great, you'll love it," Will had said), all Nico could focus on was how every time one of them shifted, they would move against each other. He was also aware of how Will had draped an arm around Nico's shoulder and though there wasn't any pressure, it had pulled Nico a bit closer to Will.

But Nico didn't think he minded. It was actually kind of nice to be close to someone like this. Nico glanced up at Will and saw that he was hooked on the movie in front of them. Then with a surge of impulsiveness, Nico decided to lay his head on Will's shoulder. He thought he could hear Will's breath hitch. And when Nico glanced back up at Will again, Will was already looking at him with a lopsided and toothy grin.

Nico felt his heart thump at Will and how close they were. Nico liked it. They both returned to the movie and Nico was noticeably more relaxed now. He let his body turn towards Will a little and he let his head slump more onto Will's shoulder. It was nice. Nico felt fuzzy and giddy at the same time, which was definitely new to him.

Eventually, Nico had tuned the movie out and had just listened to Will's breathing. The time they had studied earlier caught up to him and he was feeling sleepy. He tried to keep his eyes open but he knew that he wouldn't win the fight. So, he surrendered. He nuzzled into the crook of Will's neck and turned his body toward Will.

His sleepiness combined with how warm Nico felt, both on the outside and inside, finally made his eyes close. The last thing Nico heard before he passed out was Will's breaths.

• • •

Will was always good with animals. Apparently his friendly demeanor attracted cats and dogs just as much as people. However, he did not know what to do with his boyfriend, who was literally the human embodiment of a kitten, curled up next to him. Nico had his head laying on Will's shoulder and his body was tilted forwards him so that one hand laid on Will's stomach.

He was freaking out a bit and the only thing keeping him from squealing out loud was the fact that he didn't want to wake Nico up. He doesn't get enough sleep anyways.

So Will tried to watch the rest of the movie, though it was all in vain. He kept getting distracted by Nico's light snores and the way his hair tickled his neck and how Will felt absolutely mushy on the inside. It felt weirdly intimate, more so than kissing would be.

When the movie ended and Nico was still asleep on Will's shoulder, Will thought about what he could do. He could wake Nico up, but that thought didn't sit well with him. How could he? Besides, he wanted to sleep too. In the end, Will decided to sleep next to Nico instead.

Will carefully pried Nico's head off his shoulder and put him down on the bed instead. He quickly settled down next to him and the moment he did, Nico shifted a bit and huddled closer to Will. Will almost internally combusted but it was fine. Then before Will had a chance to react, Nico fully turned onto his side and slung an arm across Will's torso and tangled his legs with Will's.

Now this had Will squeaking out loud a little bit. He smothered his mouth with his hand and looked at Nico a bit worriedly to see if Nico had woken up. But Nico kept snoring away, his chest rising up and down rhythmically. He looked at peace and very, very cute. If Will's heart was made of ice, it would've melted completely by now.

Will stared at the ceiling for a bit, listening to Nico sleeping and just letting his mind wander. But his brain always wandered back to one thought: 'I want to hold him close too.'

So he steeled himself and turned to the side too so that he was facing Nico. He put his arm around Nico's upper back and pulled him closer. That way, Nico's head was against Will's chest, their arms curled protectively around each other and their legs a mess of limbs.

Nico shifted a little and nuzzled his head into Will's chest. Will was afraid that the beating of his heart would manage to startle Nico. However, despite his nervousness, Will couldn't help but smile, big and soft.

This was good. He liked cuddling like this. Especially with his boyfriend. It felt normal and normal never felt so amazing.

Will let his eyes flutter shut and fell asleep with Nico in his arms.

• • •

A/n: I hope this was as cute as it was when it was in my head lolol

I'm stressed but also not stressed?? Like my days keep fluctuating between "chill" and "omg there is so much work to be done go go go!" ya know what I'm saying?

Anyways, hope y'all liked this one!!

-Victoria :)

P.S. I think this new posting "schedule" is working fine so far uwu