Dancing's Fun When It's With You

Nico didn't know what he was doing here. Colorful lights flashed everywhere, lighting up people's smiles and laughs. The music pumped throughout the dance floor as people decked out in suits and dresses danced to their heart's content.

Nico sat a table, alone, and watching his friends dance with each other on the dance floor. They had offered Nico a chance to dance with them but Nico didn't feel like it. Dancing in front of everyone? Not his cup of tea.

But now, looking at all their happy expressions and wild dance moves, he kinda regretted not going up there. Nico sighed and took another sip of his soda. However, when he placed his cup down, there was another person sitting across from him.

"Whaddup?!" Will yelled over the loud music. He was grinning from ear to ear, looking no less like a puppy.

Nico let a small, rueful smile take over. "Yes, Will?"

"Imma be honest here!" Will shouted, his blue eyes gleaming under the purple lights. "You look really depressing so you're gonna dance with me!"

Nico took a moment to let those words sink in. When it did, Nico opened his mouth to object but Will was already on his way to Nico's side of the table.

"Wha—"

Before Nico could finish, Will had dragged Nico onto the edge of the dance floor where most people were hopping along to the beat or jumping or waving their hands around.

Nico looked around him, lost and totally out of his element. People were moving all over the place, laughing and dancing with their friends. How the hell was he supposed to dance in front of these people?

"Hey." Will's voice snapped Nico out of his panic. Will was really close to Nico now, probably so that Nico could actually hear him. That didn't stop Nico from blushing a little. "You're gonna be fine. Just bend your knees in time with the beat, swing your hips, and wave your arms anywhere!" Will said.

To demonstrate, Will started off by doing what he explained. He bent his knees in time with beat, swung his hips back and forth, and did a bunch of hand motions. He was all smiles and he laughed a little at Nico's shocked yet awed expression. All in all, it wasn't professional dancing but it looked normal. Like he was having fun.

Nico was hesitant. "Are you sure I won't look stupid?"

Will hummed and smirked. "No guarantees but I will promise you that you'll have fun." And with that Will started moving to the music again.

Nico admired Will's carefreeness and joyful face, his heart beating faster at how ethereal Will looked. Then Nico took a deep breath and tried mimicking Will. At first, Nico was stiff. He barely moved his body, too self-conscious about other people looking. But after a dazzling, encouraging smile from Will, Nico let loose and started really having fun.

He screamed the lyrics to the songs along with the rest of the people. He moved his body, his feet, his head. Will even twirled Nico around and they swung each other around as they held each other's hands. Nico really was having the time of his life. Sure, he was all sweaty, his dress shirt clung to him, and his feet hurt. But he was happy. Happy with Will, happy dancing, and happy letting loose.

As the last song slowly came to an end, Nico looked up at Will, whose blond hair clung to his forehead and was panting like crazy. Will stared back for a moment and then they both broke out laughing.

"Nico, you did great!" Will exclaimed and laughed and he wrapped Nico in a big, sweaty hug. But Nico found that he didn't mind. In fact, he laughed along with Will and relished in the feel of being in Will's embrace.

"Uh huh, sure Solace," Nico responded. "But thank you. For making me go out there and dance or whatever." Nico gave Will his best sincere smile.

Will's face softened into a small smile too. "No problem, di Angelo. Let's do this again sometime."

Nico blinked once, then twice before stammering out, "Uh, yeah. Sure!"

Will chuckled again and offered his hand to Nico. "Shall we take our leave, kind sir?"

Nico snorted but took Will's outstretched hand nonetheless. "Let's go, you dork."

And they walked out of the dance together.

• • •

A/n: y'all this was based off of my experience at a dance last night. My feet were so damn tired but I have never danced so hard in my life. It was fun and I loved it.

Hope you guys enjoyed!! I'll see you whenever I update next

-Victoria :)