Book II - | 23 |

❝ She believed that she deserved more and so she walked away to find it.❞

- R.H. Sin

•••

Aaron

               It was not the most reluctant agreement between my thoroughly perilous Mafia and the FBI that has been a pain in my ass for months. It had been an offer to have a new life, a fresh start in exchange of informations about anything and everything I had known. More like kicking me out of my Kingdom, leaving the death stench where I grew up surrounded with, excusing the massacre of people that had been made just for the case of fortifying my people.

In simple words, making the world a peaceful place by wiping out any trace of criminals and most importantly, the Mafia city.

If I had been asked this three months ago, I would have concurred with great interest and relief. Because three—actual—months ago, there was nothing I was afraid of. Life seemed easier, more likely survivable. I was afraid of losing someone between this chaos and someone to care so much to not let them go.

Now? I had nothing to lose. So why would I consider leaving my business—my family like Father left years ago? I was certain no one was ready to witness a déjà vu.

We all sat around a rectangular mahogany table in the middle of a wide-open space. I was at the head of the table, it reminded me of Father who used to sit here and thrw orders at everyone and I would sit beside him. The two arms brokers were sitting across from me, with smug looks on their faces. Kahlaan, Ferro and Nedaya had joined the table already.

"I want a thousand rounds of ammunition for each of those rifles. How long?"

They both shared each other a look of suspicion before turning their eyes over me, "We haven't talked about the pri—"

I cut them with an indifferent look, "Quarter of a million."

I watched their eyes going wide and I knew what was going to come in their mind. Negotiation. I didn't sit here for wasting my time over their shıt.

"The crates need safe transportation until offload at the shipping port downtown. I’ll pay you half now, half when they get delivered."

They nodded, clenching their jaws, "Friday might be good?"

Grabbing the briefcase that was under the table, I placed it out in front of them. I slid open the locks, revealing stacks of hundred dollar bills perfectly placed in a row. Filling the entire briefcase from top to bottom.

"Friday it is." I pushed the case forward, "You can count them outside. Get the fūck out of my office now. I have more important works than to stare at your petty faces."

"Do you want anything else—"

"Did I fūcking stutter? I would've asked if I wanted to. My men will meet you on Friday." I finished, catching Uncle Sergio's eyes in front of me. He nodded imperceptibly, approving the way I started to work again. When he learnt about my previous actions of letting my guard loose, he never looked at me.

He was disappointed that after everything he had taught me, I would become a man who used to be a reflection of himself. That's how Ace lost his mother and Sergio lost his wife. In a war, she had no idea she was stepping on.

That's what he reminded me, that shıt was never for us. Love made you bare and it has no space for Mafias.

But how can we choose to not fall in love?