Book II - | 6 |

Song: Bazzi - Gone

Warning: Contains contents which might trigger you.

•••

They say, "Love doesn't cost a thing," but I disagree because falling in love with the wrong person could cost you everything.

- Mr. Amari Soul [~via Instagram]

•••

Ava

       The club was eerily silent. The only sound were the whimpers of the injured girl whom I was holding. Tears strung in the corner of my eyes as I eyed the man who laid there hopelessly, the broken pieces scattered around him and the empty bottle which I had gripped in a strong focus.

"Che cazzo sta succedendo qui?" A loud, powerful and intense voice reverberated against the walls.

I stayed frozen to my position, my fingers loosening the hold and making the broken bottle fall down with a thud. I didn't know if my body was denying to function with the new source of recognition or was it the enigma drowning me.

This was in a quandary. Either all of them were deafened or I wasn't in such place of my own reality.

The mask placed over my face was smothering and I realised that my body was conspicuous because of the type of clothing Lili chose me for.

Fūck.

How could have I been so engrossed in a place like this? My mind was fumbled with foreign thoughts and I had to get out of here sooner than later. Under the dim and blinking red lights, I tried to adjust my vision according to it, blinking several times to get used to it.

I waited with longing, vehemently for the voice. The man behind the shadows appeared over the guards and I could think anything but void. My stomach churned by looking at his face, the very same which used to be my favourite.

Dressed in all black, I could sense the danger emitting off all over the place. His appearance was alluring, in a sick way which demanded respect and maybe fear?

Aaron looked like a walking dead, his facial hair grown, as if he has not shaved since forever. It made him look more older and wise. His name felt too bitter on my tongue. So many fūcking things has changed.

I couldn't remember better.

He came towards me, his steps precise and calculated and I quickly looked away. I didn't want him to recognise me and thankfully, I was wearing a mask that hid enough hints for him to not look at. My eyes stayed glued to the other side when he towered me with his tall, steady body.

I gritted my teeth, his mere closeness making me to grimace in disgust. Right now, I only prayed to God that he shouldn't identify me because in this situation, it was taking to a whole new level and immediately, I regretted about my previous act that had me in this place.

The men strolled, gathering near the corners and some around me and him, widening their eyes at my direction as if I was supposed to do something. A man came to stand near me and started to pull the girl off my hold.

"No!" I snapped but nonetheless, he violently snatched her away, not caring about her physical state. When I ran to stop him, four men stood in front of me and blocked my way, providing me no option but to stay helpless.