| 18 |

Ava

"Ace, leave." Aaron commanded, his heated eyes never leaving away from me, his gaze shooting fire throughout me.

Ace looked at me and then at him. He had a huge grin on his face all the while, he didn't look like he was scared of Aaron. Ace placed the bottle on the island before nodding towards Aaron.

I grabbed his huge tattooed---which I didn't notice before---arm and pleaded him with my eyes to not leave me alone with this maniac. Aaron looked like he was ready to bury me six feet under the ground and I didn't had a dead wish.

"You can say whatever you want to but Ace is not going anywhere, he's my friend." I blurted out without making an eye contact with Aaron. Ace smiled at me and stuck his tongue out at Aaron to which he earned a glare from him.

"Friend," Aaron scoffed.

"Yeah, bro. You heard her," Ace stated, grinning deviously and winked at me, "she's my beautiful friend, Do you have any problem with it?" he pulled me towards him, hugging me sideways.

I could feel the heat radiating off from Aaron, I was pretty sure he was burning in rage. I thought when he would burst out.

I was pretty sure Ace was doing this purposely, I could sense it with the mischievous look plastered on his face. Moreover, I was stunned at the fact that he wasn't scared of him at all.

"Do you want me to kick you out, Ace? Take your hands off of her and get the fūck out." Aaron growled and Ace didn't cower at all, instead he spluttered with laughter.

"Woah! Calm down, bro. I'm going, alright? Stop shouting," he let go of me but I stopped him again and mouthed 'please.'

He gave an apologetic look and headed out without a second glance, leaving me alone with the soon-to-be-erupting volcano.

I gripped the hem of my sweater, contemplating what he was about to do. I ran away by breaking the gate and I came again, too. How dumb of me?

"Care to explain?" Aaron spoke. From the tone of his voice, I could say he was trying to be as calm as possible.

I shut my eyes, feeling ashamed. When his question was met by nothing but my silence, "You look me in the fūcking eyes when I'm talking to you," he sneered.

I slowly opened them back up, realising that I had made him mad like never before.

"Answer me!" He bellowed, making me to jump on the island. "What did you think, tigrotto? You could break the gate and run away whenever you want? Huh? Where the fūck did you go at this time!? Didn't you know that it was dangerous? what if something could have happened to you? Look at me, dammit!"

I flinched when a loud shattering of the glass pieces was heard and I looked up, too shocked of what he had just done. He tossed another glass to the floor, his eyes dark as hell, the glass breaking into million pieces.

I covered my mouth with my palms when He did it again, collecting as much as glasses from the shelf, throwing it onto the floor.

My eyes widened when he didn't stop, my heart thumping faster like never. "Stop!" I screamed but it fell on deaf ears. It went on again and again, to the glasses, then, the plates, the noises never stopping.

This..this all felt ...like... that.

No! No! No!

The world took a flip and Aaron was replaced by the man who haunted me like a nightmare years ago. It had started chasing me again. It was happening in the same way. It was like the past had been switched to replay, playing infront of my eyes, the memory fresh from five years ago. Tears welled up my eyes as I closed my ears with my hands, unable to take in piercing sound of the broken pieces.