Book II - | 11 |

Song: Demi Lovato - You don't do it for me anymore

•••

The sharp line between friends
and lovers,
Cuts more throats
than knives ever will.

- K. Tolnoe

•••

Aaron

            "It's not the right time to come back home, is it?" Ace said, entering the room where I was watching her sleep. My eyes never wavered from her as I kept thinking about the same events that happened months ago.

"I don't know," I muttered, my fingers tracing her cheek. She was so breathtaking, her pale skin was a contrast to mine. I eyed the mole which was just above her upper lip, it made her enticing. Even after so much time, Ava was a fūcking temptress. So fūcking beautiful.

I didn't hear the door closing but Ace was gone. I wasn't sure if it was the right time for my family to come back home. I had sent them away for a while, for them to be stress-free and happy. But most importantly, I didn't want them to know about Father returning to our country. The moment I learned it, I had Ace to take Mama and Amor to Scotland. It was Mama's birthplace, so I knew it would make her ecstatic to relive her old days.

I never really thought about telling her about Ava. It was impalpable, unbearable and concerning. I didn't know if Ava was the one but I didn't know if someone like me deserved to be happy ever again. The love we used to share were not acceptable. Where she was a daughter of crime investigator, I was a Mafia King. Our worlds were life and death apart. 

Our love was tattered, something so exceptional yet so remarkable.

"Aaron?" I froze when I heard Mama's voice echoing down the hallways. I groaned and pulled the door close before she could see me in this room. She shouldn't see Ava because I wasn't in the mood to face the questions which would be thrown in my way.

There was a knock on the door that had me rolling my eyes before I went for it. It opened to reveal Amor standing in the doorway, smiling wholeheartedly at me. My face softened and I pulled her in my embrace, brushing her hair and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Her eyes darted behind me then returned to mine with a knowing look. "I know she is here, Ace told me about it. Why are you hiding her from Mama?"

I looked back at Ava who was sleeping peacefully, "I don't know. It just....doesn't feel right."

She chuckled, her hand resting on my shoulder, "If you want something, have at it. Do not leave it for some lame excuses."

I gave her an amused look and asked, "Since when did my sister start giving advices?"

"I learned from my mistakes." She blurted out and her eyes widen immediately. I rose a questioning brow when she excused herself, "I'm hungry! I'll be back later. Ciao!"

She sprinted down the hallways rather quickly. Her words were confusing me but I would talk to her after some time. Right now, the woman sleeping there was first on my concern list. I was about to close the door when I saw Mama standing the other side with her hands folded across her chest.

Her face was holding a serious look when I struggled to find ways to make up anything that had me occupied.

She came towards me and said, "This is a first. You weren't there to greet us when we returned."