Book II - Prologue

Update on 20th December, As promised. An early Christmas present

•••

Aaron

            Six months of living in London and I have broken a very important rule of my life.

Don't let anyone to break your walls.

I landed another fist on the motherfūcker's face, this time it met his nose. Correction - his now crooked nose. His cries were getting louder and louder each time Ferro dug the knife in his ribs, his filthy blood dripping on the ground floor.

The rage which had surfaced on me tonight was indescribable. I couldn't explain or think on who it was - this bloodied man or her.

Fūck!

My fingers went around his neck this time, my eyes focusing on the wall which was painted red. Red because then, no one would be able to find out the dirty work we have done here. Red blood hidden behind red walls.

Perfect.

Unlike my life.

My grip tightened around his wounded throat, slowly - very slowly, just like how I was knocking the breath out of him.

And, I comprehended. 

I didn't give a fūck that I was about to kill the most important part of my game. He was his only man who we caught to get information about that Old Man. I wanted to fire up the whole mansion before we left; not leaving a single trace that I - Aaron Di Francescantonio, A fūcking mafia king even lived in London for six months.

When my business would be done, I would disappear into my dark world. No fūcking FBI could chase me there because if they dared to step in my world, they would never see the next sunrise.

And, the world will still move on.

His final struggle for air had my blood roaring in my ears, satisfaction coursing throughout my body. I felt his pulse quickening as he started to thrash around, begging and crying for mercy yet I continued my torturous ministration.

"I think you should not kill him, boss, He is important." Ferro spoke up, agitated for the loss.

I completely ignored him because my mind was not here, it was fleeting somewhere else, on someone who was the only one that resembled importance to me.

Fūck! I had killed him and Ferro made a frustrated growl beside me.

Because of a fūcking distraction? I had messed up with the evidence for my mission because of a fūcking woman!?

I couldn't feel anything when I left her  crying and begging for me to stop. I couldn't feel a string of regret or guilt that I had said her ugly things. Because I didn't deserve it. I was an asshøle who had fūcked up something precious that should have taken care of.

Through my clenched teeth, I erased every single thoughts of her, every remnants of her from myself. I removed myself from a pure soul, scared that I would make it look ugly by my dirtiness, scared that I would destroy her all.

For the first time in a long time, I felt like a coward weeping in a corner, curled up against a wall. I laughed at myself pitifully because that was a spitting image of my fiften-year old.

I kicked the chair out of my way as I headed outside the basement of my mansion, feeling Ferro following behind me. Once we were out, I found Ace and Leon with my other men standing in the dark night, where the only brightness was the fire torch Ace holded.

"Don't tell me you killed that man?" Ace questioned, quirking a brow.

I didn't answer him and went to snatch the fire torch from his hand, already smelling the gasoline reeking off my surroundings. The blood in my hands coated the wooden torch as I threw it in the air.

"He was fūcking important, dammit!" Ace roared in anger but I didn't mind to give a flying fūck.

It hit the door, catching the fire, blazing and burning the place. Soon enough, the whole mansion was lit up by the raging fire, roaring with yellows, oranges and reds. We waited with huge patience, the smog didn't make any of us falter or struggle to breath.

I pulled out my wallet, took out a cigarette and pressed the it to my lips, hugging the paper weapon as I clicked the lighter to life and lit it with my hands of blood. The flickering light splashed onto my hazy and tired blue eyes; eyes contaminated by loss and pain as I slid them shut while inhaling the precious chemicals like they were my life support.

The sweet toxins filled my lungs and I exhaled my relief in a cloud of grey smoke. It swirled upwards like a dancer towards the dull and black night, devouring everything in it's delicately deadly path before curling into nothingness once again.

The pale substance was a ribbon of death, and I gazed, transfixed at it's thin folds as they ebbed away. It was dangerous and full of mystery, like a christening of all my sin.

I let the cigar to fall down and smashed it under my shoes. When the soft rays of the sun light begun to take over the darkness, we started climbing in my helicopters, ready to take off.

Not a single person would be able to spot this building which was burned into ashes because it was too far from the city, too far for anyone's reach.

I watched the base of the helicopter pushing off the ground, flying into the air slowly, increasing the distance and height between us as I headed back to my home land, Italy.

"Good-bye, amore." I whispered to the new brightness of the day, to the new start of us without each other, to the new beginning of her and for myself.

The only difference was, I would be left in the hollow abyss of darkness because the only light in my world was her. And I have pushed her away, far away in this endless world where her glow could never reach me.

My eyes stayed below as I swallowed, thinking about jumping down and escape from my pain and this suffocating survival. I nearly opened the door, closing it just before the snapping wind would lash us.

I had a thing for danger; I would flirt with death to distract myself from pain. But the thing with pain was that it was permanent for me from now on, and this addiction would follow me to my grave.

And, in this exact moment, I realised that my biggest mistake was not the dead man inside the room.

It was my tigrotto.

•••

After writing this, I realised that in first book's prologue, he was coming to London and now he is leaving.

How do you feel about this new book? And what do you think about this chapter?

Lots of love, Raaz xoxo.