Book II - | 7 |

Song: Michael Schulte - Falling apart.

Follow me on instagram for sneak peaks of the upcoming updates and stories: skrywer.raaz

•••

"If everything can be settled with the word sorry, why would law and police exist?"

[From Boys Over Flowers~ South Korean Drama]

•••

Ava

       I felt a rush of cool wind pass against my skin and nuzzled deeper into something soft. The pain shot up my arm like fire and I cringed. The pain was like needles that had been dipped in alcohol had been jammed through my skin, like my arm had been replaced with ice and electricity wired straight into my spine.

I couldn't move my body because there was like something heavy placed upon me which made it difficult to get comfortable on whom I laid.

I heard faint sniffles and a soft breathing in my ear that made me to open my eyes. The first thing I saw was Drake's face who leaned against the seat which I assumed to be in a car.

Relief washed over me at the fact that he was still here with me, alive. But as soon as I could try to move, the pain in my back ramped up from stiffness all the way to searing, blinding agony faster than I could blink.

I sucked in a deep breath, a grimace forming itself on my face. And that was what it took me to remember everything all over again. He was there, inflicting pain, beating me into a pulp till I could take it no more. Aaron had really accomplished in making me afraid of him and all other men who worked like him.

It was still the mid of night, haunting and reminding. The place leaving itself a trail of a whole different world we lived in. I didn't know how humans could even survive where monsters like Aaron lived here.

I found myself pushing away his mere thoughts, closing my eyes tightly, gripping Drake's knees as hard as I could, in an attempt to make the pain less painful.  The syllable was almost impossible, literally.

This brought Drake's attention on mine. The streetlight fell over him through the window and his face showed every sign that I didn't want to see. He was crying.

Hesitatingly, I reached out for his face and my fingertips lingered against his skin. I opened my mouth to speak, to ask him if he was okay, anything to get myself clear out of the confusion. But I was tongue-tied, ashamed on myself for the situation we were placed in, if only I didn't make the choice of coming here.

Penitence was all I could feel.

"I shouldn't have let you come with me," I managed to speak what I truly wanted to and right now, he was the only person I cared the most in the world.

The striking burn on my back multiplied when I writhed, having me whimpering in a loss of words that left behind. No matter how much I held back the tears, they fell down my cheeks nonetheless, displaying the whirl of emotions I was tired of keeping down.

"N-no," he stuttered, his words falling with such incapability that it had me over the edge. "I can't see you like this, Ava... I'm sorry-- I'm so sorry I was not there when you needed me."