Book II - | 5 |

Song: Kehlani - Gangsta

Play where I say, coz it's mandatory

•••

If something burns your soul with purpose and desire, it's your duty to be reduced to ashes by it. Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life.

- Charles Bukowski

[My favourite quote!]

•••

Ava

      "Can you take me to him?"

"W-what?" Vicentè stuttered, choking on his words as his eyes glazed with fear. What I had just uttered was no intention of mine; I just said it out loud, shocking me in the same time at the meaning it held.

What would be my first reaction if I see him? Probably - anger, rage and disappointment.

Disappointment was more of an understatement.

"What!?" Drake chimed in.

Vicentè stuffed his hands under his jacket and gave me an overall look. "Are you out of your mind, Ms. Knights? That's probably impossible. We, Italians barely get to see him and you're a British. Who do you think you are?"

Someone who he used to be with...

I swallowed, breaking his judging gaze and shifted awkwardly. "Please..." I whispered uncertainly. For a second, I let my guard down, my hands shaking with the uneasiness that followed down my spine.

But I pulled myself together. I couldn't be weak, I didn't deserve to be weak. I had come so far, I wouldn't make a simple thought to ruin myself.

Drake caught my elbow and pulled me aside, he was concerned and curious as he asked me in a low voice, "I don't know if I have any say in this, So I'm not gonna stop you, Ava. But are you sure?" 

For once, I thought I regretted the decision to come here when he uttered, "Are you capable of facing that bāstard again?"

Hearing this, Vicentè grew angry, "Did you just call the king a bastardo!? Are you insane? Gesù Cristo [Jesus Christ]!" He stopped before looking behind him, ushering us inside and said with a sigh. "You should be thankful that no one overhead your stupid words. God Forbid, they would slice me into half with you both!"

I rolled my eyes and grimaced, "They wouldn't dare to--" I started but he hushed me.

"They can, they definitely can! I made a big mistake by renting you my house. Pack your things and leave as soon as possible, I cannot tolerate disrespect for our King and I do not fancy living in dungeons. Please get out of my house!"

Drake was the first to react because right now, all I cared was I wanted to see Aaron. I didn't come here for nothing and I sure as hell didn't come here for long.

I headed to my room and started looking through my clothes, searching for the one thing Dad handed me before leaving London. My heart beat rose the more I kept shuffling the clothes, wrinkling them. The moment I found it, I stopped breathing. I had to try calm the erratic sensation that coursed throughout my system, making me unable to grab the heavy object.

Somehow, I held it up to my eyes. I was blinded by the crack of dawn, the slight sunlight rays that fell through the windows, reaching down the silver metal.