Book II - | 2 |

Happy New Year, Amores! May this year brings lots of happiness in your life♡

Cover by aenji11 Thank you so much for an amazing cover!

Since many of you forgot, Michael Alonso was the man who helped Ava before her Race and is also her gym trainer. Alright then XD

•••

In the world where every girl is trying to be a princess, queen, mermaid, superwoman, and all things fancy, she was just a simple girl with special dreams.

-Rahul Kaushik.

•••

Drake

           Ava was not moving. I stared at her fists, her knuckles has turned white with the way she balled them so tight. She used to tap her foot continuously on the floor but not anymore. Everything has changed about her. She was seated still, overwhelmed by the change of events. I quietly observe her, everyday learning something new about her.

We were heading back to the gym of Michael Alonso where he was found shot. As soon as the car halted, Ava was the first to get out of my car, sprinting inside the gym which was surrounded by police officers.

I didn't say a word because I found myself speechless, like someone had knocked the sense from me. For some irrelevant reasons, I was scared to go in there. My hold tightened around the wheel, contemplating my fussed mind and ridiculously frightened heart.

The whole scenario kept reminding me of the most horrific nightmare of my life which had made me unable to stay in London months ago. I shook the thoughts the away, constantly praying for not getting in trouble. My mind wandered back to Ava who has already gone inside.

She needs me.

I have to go.

But I couldn't.

And I would be selfish enough to not care about my friend. With that thought, I unbuckled the seat belt and stepped out of my car, slowly making my way inside the gym.

I was greeted by a faint smell of blood, followed by rusted metals and old leather was intermixed which was making me harder to breath. My throat clogged at the mere image of blood splattered over the walls. This was suffocating, I couldn't bear this. I wasn't even conscious during my accident because the moment when I stared at the own blood dripping from my neck, I blacked out.

It was fūcking terrible.

Then I saw him. Laying on the floor, his one hand holding his bleeding ribs and the other hanging limply from the rack, eyes staring straight at the ceiling, lifeless and dead.

I clenched and unclenched my fists, feeling nauseous, my stomach in a turmoil, nerves suddenly riveting to gather enough courage to go ahead. I found myself biting my knuckles, something which I did whenever I was scared and anxious.

Sucking in a deep breath, I tried to calm my beating heart that was hammering against it's ribcage. It felt like the room was spinning. I caught sight of Ava approaching me, but she was not looking here. She was looking for someone else, like she didn't belong here. 

I drew in air through my nose, unable to control where I get my oxygen from. I got another potent hit of blood and started to wretch, my heart smashing in my chest. I reached out for something to steady myself, but nothing was there.