Book II - | 8 |

"Strange are the ways of love
For with my injured words
I strung a song together
For you
In hopes that it will help me
Get over the pain you gave."

- Ambica Uppal

•••

Ava

The time when my eyes started to feel less heavy, I opened them, feeling the pain decreased into a dull throb. I felt like I was put in a long, long sleep. I haven't had this tiny peaceful sleep from a while.

It took some time for me to observe my surroundings, it was a simple room included with the necessities of medication. I was dressed in a long, simple white dress. I realised the reason of my deep slumber, the drugs.

I closed my eyes again, reimagining the man who brought us rather forcefully. It was a dreadful experience because I was familiar to the word kidnapping that I wouldn't want to crawl in a corner and hope for someone to save me. Or in other case, I would find a way on my own, like the last time.

But this was not like the other times.

The moment when my eyes laid upon the man, it overwhelmed my senses. I thought it was an just an imagination like my mind was playing tricks of the worst scenario, because he died years ago.

That was what Dad informed me, Amedeo Di Francescantonio was dead. And there was no way anyone could get away from my father, especially when it came to his work. Then how could Aaron's father possibly survived under my dad's extreme resources and clients.

But I have learned of one thing by now, if Amedeo has fooled my father by faking his death, he was certainly one powerful and dangerous man.

God, I grabbed my head in frustration, how much the father and son were related.

When I opened my eyes, I got up, peeling the blanket off me and heading straight towards the door. I twisted the door knob, hoping for it to be unlocked and to my surprise, it opened.

Guess this wasn't supposed to be called as kidnapping after all.

I smiled to myself and peeked outside, just to be sure of what I was getting myself into because I didn't know where the hell they kept Drake and stepped outside.

"You're dumber than I thought," A feminine voice with huge accent cut through me right when I was about to escape. I looked up, following the voice to see a woman standing upstairs. She was dressed in a black attire and red heels. Her hazel eyes only made her more fierce as she approached me, her heels clinking graciously.

"Hate to say this but you are quite a beauty, must be the reason Amedeo's son is being à corps perdu around you." She rolled her eyes and tucked away a strand of her short hair. I gave her a puzzled look, baffled at the way of her using words which didn't get through.

"And you are?"

"Oh, lei parla! I thought the drugs had muted your voice. Anyway, I'm Eidan." She smirked and held out her hand towards me. I accepted her hand cautiously, remaining to stay confused at the change of her demeanour in a lightning speed.

"What does Amedeo wants from me?"

Her eyes narrowed, intently observing. "First, You do not get to call him by his name. ?"

I scoffed and she leveled me with her glare.

"Okay, blimp it is."

"Just make sure nobody hears it if you want to make it out alive and you are wearing my dress. So, stop being a bıtch," She snarled.