Part 57

Yoongi instantly dashes over to a silently crying Jimin. Without hesitation, but with shaking fingers, he starts untying the bonds. The rope is tight, and pulls painfully deep into Jimin's skin. He almost gets cut once or twice but doesn't care. Untying Jimin matters far more than anything else, even his own safety... besides, he can deal with a little bit of blood here and there (His own blood, not the blood of Jimin, which makes him wince in pain knowing that he wasn't there to help when he tried to kill himself).

At last, all the bonds that tie Jimin to the chair are off, but Jimin doesn't get up. He looks into space, and averts Yoongi's gaze when he tries to lock eyes.

Something about this breaks Yoongi. It crushes the dam which was holding back all his emotions until now. He thought the dam was strong, and it was... when he was with Taehyung... but not anymore.

Yoongi's knees buckle and he falls down onto them in front of Jimin. The tears that rain from his eyes feel like acid, and go perfectly alongside the sobs which escape his chest. Slowly, he lays his head down onto Jimin's lap... and Jimin doesn't react. Yoongi just cries into his legs, black hair sweaty and movements shaky.

No one moves, and the room is silent except for Yoongi and various curses coming from the angry man on the floor.

All of a sudden, Yoongi feels something press lightly onto his head and stay there... he can't tell what it is a t first, but when he finally realises that Jimin is kissing him, it makes the whole event more painful.

Yoongi hurt him, Yoongi left him, Yoongi reduced him to a mess, Yoongi betrayed him... yet he is still willing to forgive. He is willing to look past everything and forgive the monster that is crying harshly into his lap, regretting ever getting mad and wanting nothing more than the chance to turn back time and fix things.

Yoongi's sobs become even louder, more drawn out, more painful, when Jimin does another thing. He slowly wraps the older in a soft hug. Yoongi's heart feels like it is being stabbed with a knife... no, like it's being shot with a rifle at extremely close range, reopening all the previous cuts and stinging him in ways he never knew possible.

Even more silence passes, and Yoongi takes the chance to pick himself up and vaguely tie himself back together... he still has something he needs to do. This time Yoongi avoids Jimin's gaze when he looks up, instead, he pulls out his phone and dials the emergency number (AN: 000 where I am from), he then gives a quick explanation of where they are and what is happening. The person on the line assures his that someone is rushing to the scene, and the phone call ends.

Yoongi glances at Taehyung, and they lock eyes. The expression in them were the exact opposite of what he thought it was going to be... Taehyung is scared. He is completely and utterly terrified.

"I- I can't go back there" he stutters, and tries to get up. When he struggles to do so, he reaches for one of the guns and uses it to help him up.

"I-I'll diE IF I GO BACK THERE!" He half screams and hold the gun to his head, "What is life worth anyway?" H asks in defeat.

Oh, so Taehyung doesn't want to go back to jail, probably because he made heaps of enemies there, and now he is going to kill himself because he can't live with reality. Yoongi realises, and thinks about it for a second... wait WHAT?!?

Yoongi may hate Taehyung with all of his guts, but he still doesn't want him to die.

He lurches out and knocks the gun out of his hand, just as a deafening bang rings out through the room. The gun clatters to the floor, and Yoongi is relieved to see a slightly annoyed (but still alive) Taehyung standing there.

About five seconds pass in silence, and everyone in the room comes to the same realisation at the same time.

The gun was shot.

Taehyung didn't die.

But the bullet didn't crash into one of the walls either.

... Who did it hit?