Part 3

Jimin is on his bed. His memory of the morning is hazy. The last thing he remembers is waking up in the hospital with the man  (whom he now knows  as Yoongi) by his side. For some reason, as soon as he  recognised this particular face, he felt an indescribable sensation of relief.

Yoongi walks in with a glass of water in his hand. Jimin takes it thankfully, and they stare for a moment too long into each others eyes. They both shy away at the same time, and Jimin takes a long, slow drink of his water, to avoid having to look  into Yoongi in the eyes. Out of the corner of his eyes he can see a flush of pink on his turned away face in the mirror. This makes him blush even more.

A knock sounds on the door, and  Yoongi rushes out of the room to answer it. Jimin's eyes dart towards the calender on the cupboard, and he instantly shoots out of bed. He forgot this was happening. After hastily checking the time, he walks out into the hallway. Yoongi is standing, looking more than a little a little uncomfortable, with Jimin's mother.

He quickly ushers them into the kitchen and starts making tea. "Sooooo, how are you?" he asks, eager to break uneasy silence between Yoongi, himself and his mother. "Oh, I'm fine..." She replies, sounding distant as she brushes her dark hair over her shoulder. "How about you? I saw it on the news, what happened?" "Oh yeah.... I was feeling queasy all morning, and when the mother opened the door, the sudden cool air was just a bit too much" Jimin lies. He knows exactly why he feinted, but has no obligance to say it.

Yoongi pulls out a chair for himself and quietly sits down. "This is my... friend, Yoongi" he manages to make out. He doesn't really see Yoongi as a friend. It's more than that. He doesn't exactly know WHAT Yoongi is to him.

"Nice to meet you" Jimin's mother states politely, and Yoongi awkwardly replies with "It's nice to meet you aswell."

Jimin brings the tea down to the table, and poars it out into cups. This is going to be one long afternoon, he thinks, and knows it to be true.

*

After Jimin's mother has left, Yoongi decides to do something he has been putting off for the whole afternoon. "We need to talk." He says. Jimin looks up, seeming vaguely startled, but also has a prominent expression of understanding. They make their way into Jimin's room, and Yoongi is still startled by cleanliness of it. How can someone be so organised all the time?

Yoongi sits on the chair beside the bed, and Jimin flops onto the bed itself. "Ummm" Yoongi starts, but suddenly can't seem to form any other words. What does he say? He was thinking about it all afternoon. He had a plan. Where had it gone?

Jimin saves him the awkwardness and takes a deep breath. "About the feinting incident-" He starts, but can't seem to find any more words either. "I think I understand" Yoongi says, and at last being able to remember what he wanted to talk about, starts on a different topic.

"That night, when you found me, there was a reason I was so startled." Jimin's head snaps up, and Yoongi can tell that he has been thinking about this for a while. "For the past year, every night... I... I don't know how to say it."

Regret washes like a tidal wave into Yoongi's mind. He wasn't prepared for this!

Jimin seems to understand, and says with probably the kindest voice Yoongi has ever heared, " If you don't want to talk about it..." "No, I will." Yoongi says, and takes in a breath.

"I guess you could call them dreams... but not really. It's kind of like, living in your place. I don't know if you know that it is happening when it is... but every Friday, at 4pm, I kind of just pass out... and life happens.

"Yoongi..." Jimin whispers, and it is clear in his eyes that he believes what has been said. They sit there for a moment in silence, when Yoongi's watch starts to bleep. Like a trigger has been pulled, Yoongi is up and out of the room. He only has 45...44 seconds left. He looks around, frantically, then dashes out onto the street. 33...32. He sits in a hidden away corner on the outskirts of the block, and closes his eyes. 3...2...1.