Part 24

He saw it. He saw it all. These are the words which chorus through Jimin's mind for the rest of the day. He doesn't know why, but Jimin isn't at angry at Yoongi. It wasn't his fault, after all. Jimin is the one who should have realised what day it was.

Time passes quickly, in a guilty, awkward silence. It comes up to dinner time, and they both sit down at the bench. As they are both silently consume steaming hot 2-minute ramen, Yoongi surprises Jimin by speaking.

"I did, just so that you know."

This confuses Jimin, 'he did'? What did he do? Jimin tries to think back the rest of the day, but can barely think of the morning. They went shopping... but what would that have to do with the words 'I did'? Jimin thinks in confusion for what feels to be ages. Eventually, he decides to leave it a mystery. Ever since 4pm he hasn't been able to think properly.

Wait... 4pm. When Yoongi invaded his mind. Jimin sharply inhales, and Yoongi looks up, slightly concerned. He did. He did like the kiss... Even though it really doesn't, to Jimin this changes everything. Now he doesn't have to feel guilty about the shop, about making a scene!

Yoongi continues looking at Jimin, his concern slowly turning into a smile. In the space of twenty seconds, Jimin's face has gone from confusion, to wonder, to surprise, and finally rests on happiness. Everything finally makes sense to Jimin, and he has never felt this relieved in his life.

Yoongi insists on washing up after dinner, despite Jimin's protests. Apparently, now that Jimin has a bad leg, he isn't allowed to do anything except sit and eat. Before now, that would have been a relief to him, but not now. He feels like he is using Yoongi. Even though his leg does restrict him from doing some things, he can still use his hands. He isn't completely useless.

As Yoongi hums an out-of-tune song to himself while doing the dishes, Jimin lies back on the couch and gives himself up to Netflix. My annoying brother... That sounds interesting enough.

Yoongi walks over once he has finished working, to find Jimin practically in tears. Already, even though the K Drama has only just started, the main character has already lost the judo match, gone blind, and gotten his scheming, no good brother out prison because of it. What makes it worse, is that he didn't want to let his brother out of prison. His brother used him.

Yoongi settles down next to Jimin, and rests his head on his shoulder. Jimin is tempted to yell an enthusiastic 'YES!', but doesn't. his greedy side has taken over. He wants more of what Yoongi is doing.

*

Yoongi lies, exhausted, in bed. Jimin basically bawled his eyes out when they were watching the K Drama, and buried his head in Yoongi's chest the whole time. Yoongi didn't mind, though, he found the gesture kind of cute.

As he snuggles himself into the warm comfort of the covers, sleep is quick to take over him.

Yoongi throws his jacket at Jimin, who catches it skilfully.

"LOOK IN IT!" Yoongi shouts.

Tears appear in Jimin's eyes, as he unzips the pocket.

Yoongi doesn't understand what he says. Everything is doused in a ghastly shade of red, and there is a ringing in his ears.

Storming out of the house, Yoongi's mind is a mess.

Jimin's cry of "Wait, no! Come back!" Is covered up by the intensity of Yoongi's ragged, unforgiving breath.

Nothing is right.

Tears come to his eyes as he storms into the night.

Nothing was ever right.

Yoongi sits straight up in bed. His heart is beating at a million miles per hour, and sweat is dripping down his forehead. It's 1:34am. Slowly, Yoongi calms down. After all, ... It was only a dream.

Just in case you were wondering, that is an actual K Drama. I watched it because it has Kyung-soo in it (EXO's D.O), but it literally made my heart shatter into a million pieces.