Part 21

They both make their way into the studio, and Yoongi heads straight up to the second floor. Jimin gets the room set up, they are going to do something a little different this session. Slowly he gets the boxes of stuff down from the shelves in the store room, and he opens one labelled 'FABRIC'. After picking out a few large pieces, he shoves the box off to the side, and starts laying it out around the room.

One of the students walk in around five minutes afterwards, and they are cut quite badly on the arm. Worried, Jimin makes his way over to him, and questions him about it. He wasn't expecting this to be the answer.

"The man was there" The student says, with a worried glance around towards the door. "He asked me where you lived. When I didn't know, he threw me to the ground, then walked off in a huff."

Jimin quickly retrieves the first aid kit, and when he is applying the many Band-Aids onto the stunts arm, mulls over the explanation. Who would want to know where he lived so badly they would practically attack a 15-year-old because of it?

Once everyone has arrived, Jimin finally has a chance to explain the activity. It had taken him ages, but he had managed to come up with a name for it as well. He calls it 'Covered Emotion'.

The aim is basically to dance without talking, and without music underneath large pieces of fabric. They cover every inch of your body, so all everyone else can see is the outline of it. Jimin made sure the fabric was safe to dance under beforehand, and what everyone else is trying to do is guess the emotion of the dance that is being performed.

The activity kicks off, and it is hard at first, because everyone is still figuring out how to not fall over under the gigantic piece of fabric, but soon the students get into the swing of things and are performing like Jimin had ever seen them before.

Jimin ends up giving a prize to one of the students, a 16-year-old named Jisung, because he managed to express not only sadness in his dance, but also recovery and determination. When the lesson comes to an end, Jimin feels proud of himself. He has been a successful teacher.

*

Yoongi pushes the door of the studio open, and is greeted welcomingly by Namjoon. They get straight into business, and Yoongi is astounded at how much freedom he gets. When he mentions this, Namjoon says something that Yoongi has never heard a producer say before-

"When it comes to working with me, I am not going to say 'Here, sing this and put this on' I am simply here to help the people with the talent do their own thing"

And that is what he does. He sets Yoongi up with a recording device and a keyboard then leaves. At first Yoongi is happy with all the things he records, but after a while he becomes frustrated. Why doesn't it sound the way he wants it to?

When he tries to play something sad, it sounds happy. When he tries to play something soft, it sounds sharp and jagged.

Yoongi leans back on his chair with a huff. Is this ever going to work out for him? Then he remembers. All the times when his music has affected people the most, have been when he wasn't paying attention to what he was playing.

This time when he presses record, he lets his mind wonder. At first, he thinks about home, and what that has meant to him for the past years.

At first home was a place to eat and sleep. Next it was a place to avoid at all cost, unless you were hiding from police or needed to pass out from too much alcohol. Now it is basically the opposite of that. Now it is a place you can relax in. Now it is a home he shares with Jimin.

Jimin. That one thought sets his mind onto a completely different angle... Jimin, his boyfriend. To be completely honest, Yoongi thought he was going to be alone forever. He thought that nobody loved him, at least nobody decent loved him. Then of course Jimin had to come along and ruin Yoongi's life... for the better.

Yoongi finishes off his piece with a soft E, and then listens to it over. It's perfect.

Once it is time for him to go, he packs up all the equipment. Just as Yoongi starts to head back down the stairs, Namjoon calls out "Wait!"

He quickly makes his way towards Yoongi, and when he reaches him, holds out a slip of paper with a date on it. "There is going to be a celebration for Chen's birthday and comeback on Saturday, if you can come, feel free to bring along a friend."

Yoongi smiles, he knows exactly who he will invite.