Part 42

After class, Jimin receives a text from Yoongi. It says 'Go home without me. I have some work I still need to do. Namjoon will drive me home'. Jimin does just that, and pulls up alone outside the house. He goes inside, and treats himself to some dinner. He'd forgotten how boring being alone is. He used to do this all the time, but now...

After he has eaten he slouches on the couch and turns on Netflix. They finished all their series a while ago, and Jimin isn't in the mood to start a new one, so he turns the television off. Instead, he just lies there and gets lost in his own thoughts.

Around an hour later Yoongi shows up. He practically slams the door open, which makes Jimin jump. But the slam isn't because he is angry. He is actually grinning from ear to ear.

"I have great news!" He says, and Jimin gets up off the couch, and walks over to him.

"What is it?"

"I only found out just then, but I'm going on tour in America! Namjoon left it really late to tell me because he hadn't worked it all out, but the plane leaves on Saturday, and I'm going to be there for around 3 whole months, so Namjoon asked if you would like to come along as well, and I told him you probably would, so he said he could try to arrange some stuf-"

"But... Yoongi" Jimin cuts him off "I have a life, and classes here. I know I have a two-week holiday tomorrow... but I can't go away for three whole months"

"Oh... that's fine" Yoongi says, but his face falls as he does it, earning Jimin a stab in the heart. He just ruined Yoongi's happiness, something he hasn't done before.

"You can stay here, then, while I go to America." Yoongi says, his mood still lower than it was before.

"We won't see each other for three months... but I guess that's what happens, isn't it? I should probably start packing anyway" He says, and head towards his room.

"But..." Jimin says quietly "I want you to stay here"

Yoongi turns around, his expression on the verge of being annoyed.

"Jimin, this is the height of my career at the moment. I have to do this"

"But... I need you here" Jimin's voice is almost a whisper.

"God, can't you just be independent for once?" Yoongi snaps, taking Jimin aback.

He hasn't run into this side of him before.

"I-" Jimin starts to say, but doesn't know how to continue.

"It was fine when I got here, and when you had your broken leg" Yoongi says angrily "but now you're acting like I'm the centre of your universe. Guess what, Jimin? I'm not."

Yoongi goes into his room to pack, and Jimin doesn't know how to respond. He feels something light up inside him, but it isn't anger. It's more like... guilt.

*

Yoongi has no idea where the fury came from. It just did. He angrily shoves his clothes and other belongings into a bag. Once he is finished, he walks back into the kitchen. Jimin is still there, but he is looking down.

"Maybe we shouldn't be together" Yoongi spits, and Jimin looks up, shocked.

"I'm going away for three months. I have a feeling that a long-distance relationship won't work between us" His voice is still harsh. Jimin doesn't respond. He just stands there.

"Oh yeah, I have something of yours" Yoongi throws Jimin his jacket.

"Look inside it"

Jimin does, and he brings out an envelope.

"Read it." There is no regret in his voice.

Slowly, Jimin slips it open. He pulls out a folded slip of paper. He unfolds it. As soon as he reads the first word, he takes in a sharp breath. he looks up. There are tears in his eyes. He has dropped the envelope it was in.

"I thought it was yours" Jimin's voice cracks.

"The day we met. The reason I was running. I stole it from you" Yoongi says, voice flat. Jimin's tears mean nothing.

"Goodbye, Jimin" Yoongi says, and walks out the front door. As soon as he steps into the cold air, his mind breaks down.

Tears come to his own eyes, and he can't stop them from falling.

The fire in his heart has been accompanied by a waterfall. A waterfall which won't stop. But Yoongi isn't sad. Just angry.

Jimin's cry of "Wait, no! Come back!" Is covered up by the intensity of Yoongi's ragged, unforgiving breath.

Nothing is right. Nothing was ever right.

The tears don't stop streaming down his cheeks as he storms into the night.

He leaves Jimin there, standing all alone.

He leaves Jimin there, with his own tears falling.

He leaves Jimin there, holding the suicide letter of his best friend.

I hope you are enjoying my story so far, I told you there would be some drama :)