Part 13

Yoongi sits on a plain white chair beside the bed Jimin is in. The events of the night are still replaying in his mind. Luckily the ambulance arrived just as he got out of the house with Jimin in his arms. They took him to the hospital as fast as possible, and all that was left to do was wait.

Jimin is in a terrible condition, he has scars all over his body, a particularly bad one on his leg. His face is all scratched and burnt, along with his neck and arms. His blonde hair has been singed on the ends, but somehow, just somehow, Jimin still manages to look pretty. Jimin has always been pretty. Its just a fact that no one can deny.

Despite having faith in the doctors, Yoongi is still worried about Jimin. His breathing is ragged and uneven. He will often stop breathing at all for up to 3 minutes at a time, all to come back suddenly and with a gasp. The machine he is wired onto shows his heart rate is FAR slower than it should be. It as well is uneven and jumpy. Yoongi is scared. He cant deny it. He is scared, because he knows there is a chance Jimin will die.

Doctors bustle hastily into the room to check on Jimin. They look him all over, test his breathing and examine his burns. It has already been a week since the fire, and he still isnt showing any signs of waking up.

After the check-up is complete, the doctors come over to Yoongi, their faces grim. Out of habit, Yoongi stands up to face the news. When at first the doctors dont say anything, Yoongi takes it into his own hands to find out what is going on.

"So, is he ok?" He asks, and at last a doctor speaks up. "Though this is by far not the longest period of time someone has been in a coma" They start, and another one feels brave enough to join in. "Our studies have shown that since the fire, yes, his wounds have started to heal, but in the case of his interior state well he has grown substantially worse. Were sorry to have to say this but there is a chance he wont be able to make it to the end of the day."

At this, the doctors slowly make their way out of the room, to give Yoongi some privacy.

He doesnt know what to think. How could this be happening? If Jimin dies Where would he be in life? Jimin is such a hard-working, positive and forgiving person. How could the world be so cruel?!?

Yoongi sits down once again in the chair, and places his head in his hands. He cant bear the thought that Jimin is practically dying. Before he knows it, he starts doing something he hasnt done in a long time. He starts to cry. At first it is only a few small tears, but soon Yoongi is left full on bawling. His sobs echo throughout the room, and he cant stop his emotions from taking over.

He remembers the first day that he met Jimin. In a strangers bed, in a strangers house. Now that strangers house is his home. And he shares that home with Jimin. Jimin cant die. Yoongi is not ready to take full responsibility of their home. He doesnt even have a proper job yet.

Yoongi looks up from his hands, and stares at the lifeless Jimin on the bed. The tears have not yet stopped falling, but he walks over and touches the face of the person who made him only just realise why he was here.

Yoongi loves Jimin, and in more than just a friendship. Yoongi loves Jimin with all his heart. Jimin gave up part of his life to help Yoongi find a better version of his. If Jimin is going to die, it wont before he knows just how much he means to Yoongi.

After one more stroke of his jawline, Yoongi leans down, until he can feel Jimins breath collide with his own. And after a moment of pure silence, Yoongi kisses Jimin.