Part 53

Yoongi is hunched over in his tall chair at the bar counter. The room is full of yellow light, and a strong smell wafts around the space. Yoongi can't concentrate well enough to tell what it is. Screams of laughter and anger litter the room, making a steady throb sound in Yoongi's ears. He doesn't care. He just focuses on the drink in his hand, and gulping the liquid down his throat. Every time he does so, a sense of relief washes blissfully over him, but it leaves almost instantly. Which is why he has to keep on doing it.

A shape slides onto the chair next to him, and Yoongi looks up. Oh, it's Taehyung. He can't help the small flutter that starts up in his heart. The one he used to experience ages ago, practically every day.

He is holding a startling red drink in his hand. He is basically a Gucci store, with his stolen jacket, jeans, headband and shoes. His hair is a grey colour, and he is frankly gorgeous. His lips are stained red from the drink, and his eyes are alert, but almost look nervous at the same time.

He doesn't say anything, just holds out the bottle. Without hesitation, Yoongi takes it. After a quick swig, the lights that were dancing in front of his eyes disappear. The drink is... It's amazing! Yoongi quickly pushes the cold rim against his lips and drinks even more. Out the corner of his eye he can see Taehyung smiling. He kind of looks relieved.

Yoongi hands back an empty bottle. Taehyung drinks the droplets left in it anyway. Suddenly everything starts to feel light. It's like he has started floating. Now he knows how Taehyung has seems so happy. That drink worked wonders.

"Hey!" Taehyung says, and Yoongi can't stop the dumb grin that falls upon his lips. Taehyung seems pleased to see him smiling.

"Feeling better?"

Yoongi grins.

"Have you tasted pure wine before?" Taehyung asks "Like, the real stuff?"

The night passes quickly, and the effects of the drink slowly wears off. Yoongi looks at his watch. It's 4am, he doesn't care. The bar has mostly cleared out, and the manager is passed out on one of the tables.

All of a sudden, Taehyung takes in a deep breath.

"I have something I need to tell you" he says quietly... nervously. "I have liked you for a long time." He offers Yoongi another drink. He accepts it and quickly gulps it down.

"I was wondering... If you'd like to be my boyfriend?"

Yoongi doesn't wait half a second.

"Yes!" He half shouts. "Youweremychildhoodcrushandialwayswantedtodateyoubutineverknewifyoulikedmebackandyesss!"

He pauses for a breath, and a sudden heaviness comes over him. He leans back in his chair. A similar thing seems to have happened to Taehyung, because his face falls, and the lines under his eyes seem so much more apparent.

"Come with me" Taehyung almost groans. His voice is slow and slurred. "My apartment is certainly better than yours."

Yoongi does, and Taehyung was right. He must be rich or something, because his apartment is like that of a millionaires'.

"Come in here" He says, and motion to his bedroom. There is no doubt in Yoongi's exhausted mind when the door locks shut behind him.

-          -     -

A few weeks pass, and the relationship between Taehyung and Yoongi only accelerates. They get drunk every night, and crash together every morning. They make out. There is hardly any time to think. Life is based on impulse, and their impulses get more and more extravagant.

It is late one night. The light in the room is dim, and Taehyung has gone out to relieve himself. Yoongi sits with his back against the foot of the bed, and finally has some time to breathe. He had barely had any time to think in the past few days. At last he is alone.

Without realising, his hand moves to the red marks all over his necks. They hurt a little when he presses against them. His hair is messy, and full of sweat. Taehyung... not a force to be reckoned with.

For the first time in around a month, his head is clear. His mind drifts all over the place. The taste of Taehyungs lips, the future, the past. The time when they were children that Taehyung was voted (By the students), the most attractive kid in year 4. The time that Yoongi caught Taehyung balancing on the roof of the school, and admired him until he came down.

The time that Taehyung got into a fight with another guy, but won and was rewarded with all of his money. The time that Taehyung ditched school and lied about his age so he could buy drugs. The time he robbed an old peoples' home. The time he beat another guy up to the point of almost death. The time he basically poisoned an entire restaurants worth of people.

Yoongi's head starts swimming, what is he doing here? What is this pain in his heart? What is this feeling? It doesn't matter. It can all be blocked. It can all be prevented. He doesn't need to feel this way. He is happy. He IS happy. He is happy... isn't he?

Yoongi tries. He really does. He drinks more. He keeps himself preoccupied. It feels like it's working... at first. It gets harder to sleep, and even harder to wake up. His throat is constantly dry. He can't think clearly. It is a struggle to even talk.

At last, he decides to stop. It won't go away. It can't go away. He has to leave Taehyung and start over. His life will be a wreck if he doesn't. his life will be worth nothing if he doesn't.

So he does, and knows it is the right decision.