Part 17

Jimin doesn't know why he started crying. He doesn't know why he couldn't hold the tears in. He doesn't know why he suddenly felt so vulnerable on the inside. Surely, he is stronger than this. Surely, he is harder to upset than this.

As he stands in the toilet stall, he can't help the sobs from escaping his mouth. He knows without looking that his eyes are puffed up and red, and that his hair is a tangled mess. Something about the music just... made him click past that safe point he is normally positioned in. It just went so deep. How a piece of music can reduce a man to this point, Jimin isn't sure, but knows that he will never fully go back to that safe and collected frame of his mind he was once in.

Once calm enough to step back into the dance hall, he finds that he isn't the only one who was affected by the music. One of the students is outright bawling, and Jimin instantly rushes over to him. He doesn't seem like he wants the comfort, though, because as soon Jimin gets near enough to talk to him, he turns in the other direction.

Yoongi looks as though he has no idea of what is going on. His pale face shows complete and utter confusion. It is as if he didn't hear the music he was playing.

Jimin lies down on the floor. He really couldn't care less that he is the teacher. He just doesn't know what else to do.

Yoongi walks over to him but doesn't say anything, he just sits down and crosses his legs. The whole room is silent, and stays that way for around five minutes.

Suddenly footsteps echo from the room above the studio, they are coming down the stairs. Jimin has never really talked to the man that works up there, all he knows is that he produces music and makes a fortune from it.

The man appears, and he has quite dark coloured hair, a sweater and black jeans. He looks around the room, then asks into the air

"Who was the one playing that piano?"

*

A JOB. A PAYING JOB. AT LAST.

Yoongi follows the man up the stairs, and can't believe that he actually just got offered a job. That has never happened to him before, and it is quite a thrilling experience. "I'm Namjoon by the way" He says, as they walk up the seemingly never-ending staircase.

They enter a small room with a desk running around the outside. There are heaps of different devices all wired up and there are multiple keyboards.

Sitting on spinning chairs at the other side of the room, are a few people Yoongi was NOT expecting to see

It's Hoseok, Jin and Chung Ha.

"Hey Suga!" Hoseok exclaims quite loudly when they shut the door behind them, and before Yoongi can ask starts explaining why he is in this building. Apparently, Namjoon runs the company in which Hoseok is signed, so when the fire happened, he offered for them to stay with him. After gladly agreeing, Jin and Chung Ha also proved themselves to be quite useful, cleaning up the studio without even asking.

Hoseok finishes his story with a large smile, and Yoongi has a bit more of a look around. On the walls are various trophies and awards, along with the signatures of many famous musicians.

"So, about your piano" Namjoon says, and Yoongi snaps his head towards him. "I really can't say I've heard anything better. I don't know how you do it, but I'm not going to question it, because if your fans can feel the emotions that you just put us through, your popularity is going to gain in the blink of an eye."

Yoongi doesn't know how to respond to these kind words, so he just nods and smiles, like anyone would.

As the day passes, Yoongi gets informed about recording, producing, and even a nice coffee shop down the road. Once they finish up, Yoongi sighs. At last, a chance to become something new.