Part 25

For once Jimin wakes up early. He isn't entirely sure why, but accepts it and gets up. He makes his way into the kitchen, to find Yoongi already there. How early does this man get up?!? He is sitting at the bench, reading the newspaper.

"Hey" He says, as Jimin pours himself a bowl of Corn Flakes. "Have you heard the news?" Jimin hasn't heard the news, but doesn't want to say that, since it would look like he doesn't pay attention. Instead, he replies with a dignified "Huh?"

"Apparently this man, his name is Taeyong or something, was let out of jail after being wrongly accused." Yoongi says, while also scanning the rest of the article.

"What for? Jimin asks, intrigued "According to this, he was accused for the murder of Cai Xukun, some Chinese idol. Apparently, he was super popular, and there are actual groups of people who go to his grave every day, to pray and put down flowers. They still haven't found the real culprit."

"Huh," Jimin says, thoughtful "I've never heard of him" "Me neither" Yoongi admits.

The day passes quickly from then on, until finally it reaches 5:30pm, when they both put on their suits. Jimin's is a simple white suit, with black lining the collar. He checks himself out in the mirror. Not the best he's ever looked, but certainly not the worst.

They both walk out into the kitchen, and Jimin is still stunned by how good Yoongi looks. It's as if he becomes a completely new person whenever he puts on something professional. A completely new, even more attractive person.

They both scan each other at the same time, and Jimin can see a sparkle in Yoongi's eyes. For some reason, this makes Jimin all jittery on the inside, like someone is tickling his soul.

They both make their way into the car, and Jimin is once again glad that Yoongi had the sense to get a licence before he started drug dealing. Jimin's leg can only take so much pressure.

They arrive at the party, and there are lights flashing inside. Jimin can hear music playing, it sounds like Seventeen's Thanks.

With a deep breath, they both knock on the door.

*

The music is almost deafening as they walk in, but Yoongi soon acclimatises to the sound and is able to hear things. They walk around to the main party area, and Yoongi spots Namjoon on the other side of the room. He quickly starts tom walk over, but is by someone pulling him to the side.

At first, with all the flashing lights, Yoongi can't make out who it is, but realises it's Hoseok as soon as his annoyingly infectious laugh pierces the air.

Jimin walks out from behind Yoongi's back, and the trio stand in a sort of haphazard triangle. "So, how have you been?" Hoseok asks, a huge smile plastered on his face, and a wine glass in his hand.

For some reason, this question is unnecessarily complicated to Yoongi. How has he been? He hasn't seen Hoseok since the day he got the job, and a lot has happened since then. For one, he and Jimin are now dating, which seems like a pretty startling thing to announce at this point in time.

Luckily Jimin saves him with a simple "We've been fine, how about you?" As Hoseok goes on explaining to Jimin how things have worked out for him since the fire, Yoongi looks around. Only a few of the faces he can see are familiar.

Hoseok finishes his story with a sigh, and then gets turned around by someone else, who is introducing him to yet another random person. Yoongi takes this opportunity to tell Jimin something he should probably know.

"Hoseok doesn't know we're dating" Yoongi whispers "What?" Jimin says, his expression that of 'sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said'. "He doesn't know we're a thing" Yoongi says, his voice still quiet.

"Then let's tell him" Jimin says, looking around. "You can, but I'm not" Yoongi says. Even though they have made up, Yoongi is still reluctant to inform Hoseok on stuff like that. "Fine then, I will" Jimin says, and heads towards where Hoseok is.

Not wanting to watch, Yoongi turns around, and is slightly startled when he is right next to Namjoon. "I have someone you need to say hi to" He says, and Yoongi gladly gets led away by him. As they walk further into the large crowd of men and women, an extremely loud "WHAT!?!?!?!?" Can be heard, and the voice is quite obviously Hoseok's. Yoongi smirks to himself as he continues being led away.

"This is Chen" Namjoon says as they come up to a guy with brownish blonde hair. He smiles, and Yoongi can't help but notice the 'I just want to make people happy' vibe he gives off.

"And this is Yoongi" Namjoon finishes, and a look of recognition comes across Chen's face. "Aren't you the one who plays the piano?" He asks, and Yoongi nods. Chen looks at a loss for words.

"I don't know if this is a compliment or not" he at last manages to say "But you have no idea how many hours I spent crying in my room. How do you manage to put so much emotion into such a short amount of time?"

Yoongi doesn't know how to feel when he says this. For one, a super famous artist just said they listen to his music, and secondly, a super famous artist just asked him a question. Realising he just got completely side tracked, Yoongi tries to think of answer.

Problem is, he actually has no idea.