Part 37

Jimin wakes up, and is surprised to find Yoongi sitting on the chair in his bedroom. It gives him vivid flashbacks of the first time they met, and the words that were said revolve around in his head. He can tell Yoongi knows he is awake, but he doesn't take his eyes away from the calendar on the wall.

There is only one thing written on it, and that his birthday. Though he makes it stand out on the paper, Jimin doesn't really like celebrating his birthday. He is fine with people being happy that he is alive, but he hates receiving things he doesn't deserve. It just doesn't seem fair.

Of course, people never listened to him when he told them this, and they celebrated anyway. Jimin always would pretend to be thankful, but really, he was just figuring out a way to make it up to them.

"What presents do you want?" Yoongi asks without looking away from the calendar. It's almost as if he can read Jimin's mind.

"Nothing" Jimin quickly replies, hoping Yoongi won't argue. He does.

"I've never had the chance to celebrate anyone close's birthday in such a long time, I've almost forgotten what it feels like" he states vaguely.

Words get caught in Jimin's throat. He doesn't want any presents, but if Yoongi wants to celebrate it... who is Jimin to tell him no?

Instead he goes for the second most used phrase in this situation,

"Something small."

Apparently, this isn't enough for Yoongi, because he continues.

"Like what?"

"Like... I don't know. A stuffed toy"

Instantly after he says this, he slaps his hand to his face. He can feel the red lighting up his cheeks. He is a TWENTY-YEAR-OLD MAN. He shouldn't be asking for STUFFED TOYS!

Yoongi turns to face him, and he is smiling.

"Ok" He says, then stands up and leaves the room.

*

A stuffed toy. That's what Jimin wants. For some reason, Yoongi doesn't find this weird at all. It just feels like the sort of thing he would want. If anything, Yoongi finds it adorable.

They both head to work around an hour later, and Yoongi sits in front of the piano in the recording studio. It still amazes him at just how much they managed to the day before. It seems impossible. On Saturday they are shooting the music video. He won't really be in it, just off to the side playing a piano in some of the scenes. Adele will do most of the work.

As he stares at the piano, his is surprised to find he hasn't gotten any vibes. Usually when he comes into this room he gets some sort of vibe which inspires his music. Today he has gotten nothing.

Yoongi leans back and stares at the roof. There is only a lightbulb. A spider is hanging off it, slowly making his way down to the floor.

Yoongi sighs. He can't play like this. His fingers would be a jumble on the keys, and it would end up sounding horrible. Besides, Namjoon isn't expecting anything from him today. Technically, he didn't even have to go to work today. He only came because he didn't want to be alone at Jimin's house.

From the moment he moved in with Jimin, he didn't trust himself. For one, he has a few secrets Jimin would hate him for, and for two he still isn't sure he has completely gotten rid of his stealing, breaking the law side. If they weren't in a relationship, and Yoongi had no idea who Jimin was, he would have no problem killing him. That thought scares Yoongi more than anything else.

With a small thump, Yoongi lies himself down onto the floor. He closes his eyes and breathes slowly. He won't be getting up for the rest of the day.