Part 10

Jimin wakes up late today, probably because he spent most of the night texting Hoseok. He slowly walks out into the kitchen, his blonde hair a tangled mess. He spies Yoongi sitting at the bench, eating cereal, and reading the news feed on Facebook. "Morning" Jimin wearily states, startling Yoongi, who had no idea he was there. 

"Morning" He mumbles back, then seems to remember he was going to ask something "When do you work?" Jimin is startled by such an off-topic question "Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, but only a night session, Thursdays and Sundays" He replies. "What time on Sundays?" Yoongi questions, and Jimin replies "My first session is 12pm, and my last finishes at 6pm." "Well then, you have half an hour to eat breakfast, have a shower, and get to work." Yoongi says, and Jimin quickly checks what day it is on his phone. Yoongi is right, it is Sunday, and he only has 30 minutes until class starts.

What happens next, even Jimin himself can hardly keep up with. He frantically shoves on some more work-worthy clothes, turns the shower on full blast then only dips his head in, dries his hair like his life depends on it, forces himself to eat a full bowl of cereal, and packs his bag for work. It is only a 5-minute drive to get to work from his house, so he has a few minutes to rest before making his trip.

When he slouches down on the couch, he can feel Yoongi looking at him. After a quick glance around, he can confirm his suspicions, but doesnt say anything. "Do you want me to come with you to work? you seem pretty muddled this morning" Yoongi asks, and after a moments thought, Jimin decides he would appreciate the help. If it werent for Yoongi, he probably would have forgotten about work entirely.

They drive down, and arrive just on time. There are already a few children waiting at the door to be let in, and they all seem relieved when Jimin walks over. All of them, except for one, who was too busy crying to notice the teacher had arrived.

"Hey, whats wrong?" Jimin asks, but the child doesnt respond. Instead, one of the other children speaks up "A strange man came over to us and asked us questions about you. When we told him we didnt know the answers, he whacked Rose on the face, then walked off" Jimin takes a moment to think about this, then addresses the child who spoke. "What questions did he ask?" "He asked where you lived and what days you work" The child replies, and Jimin knows he will have to keep an eye out for this person. He doesnt sound like a very pleasant character.

*

After all the commotion is over, and Jimin lets everyone into the studio, Yoongi has a chance to sit down and think. He used to hang out with people who would do the sorts of things the child was describing. He dated one once.  Luckily, they broke up within 3 months, but Yoongi will never forgive himself for getting so drunk he agreed to date in the first place.

Out the corner of his eye he can see Jimin struggling with the CD player. He walks over, and asks if he needs any help. He can tell Jimin doesnt want to be made a fool of in front of his class, so he starts to walk away, but when another 3 minutes has no progression, Jimin gives in to Yoongis assistance. Surprisingly, when Yoongi tries to fix it, nothing happens. Instead, he walks over to the piano on the other side of the room and starts playing.

His tune starts of slow and peaceful, but as it goes along becomes an intense tale of sorrow and regret. The music powers through the studio, hitting every nook and cranny. When he finishes, he turns around to find everyone, including Jimin, staring at him with their mouths hanging open.

"Where did you learn to play like that?" Jimin asks quietly. "When I was younger, our house wasnt exactly well balanced. There were always fights starting up, so I generally locked myself in my room until everything was sorted out. When I wasnt locked in my room or sitting outside, I was sitting and playing the piano that was positioned in the study. I found that as people were fighting, I could drown out the noise by playing music. Over time, I found that I really enjoyed playing and creating my own tunes. It made me feel happy on the inside, so I would always play any chance I got." Yoongi says.

The room stands there in silence for a few more minutes, then one of the students suggests something that will change Yoongis life. "Why dont you play instead on the CD player?"

Jimin seems to consider it, then nods. It would be helpful to have something to dance to.

For the rest of the day Yoongi plays and plays. It feels so good to be back at a piano once again. The day seems to speed by, and the last session comes and goes in a flash. As the last student from the 15-19 group starts to leave, he turns around and says to Jimin "I prefer hand played music over the backing we used to use. It makes more sense and feels more natural. You should let him come here again"

Once the student is long gone, Jimin turns to Yoongi. "I wont be able to pay you if you play in my lessons. I dont have that authority, but if you want to come along here 6 times a week with me, you can." It doesnt take long for Yoongi to decide what he wants to do. "Wherever I have a chance to play music, I will go. I am not in it for the money, just the pleasure."

Jimin seems happy about this decision. Well, be prepared for a lot of pleasure.