"Speaking of being the mate of an Alpha, why aren't you-?"

Julian stopped Leona from speaking further by placing his hand on her mouth. He shook his head and gestured to the ceiling, indicating that we weren't the only ones in the house.
None of my pack members, including Jay, knew about Theo being my mate. I don't want to think about what their reaction might be like, especially Jay.

"Anyway, when Theo became seventeen and didn't find his mate, she became completely convinced that she was his soulmate. However, a year later when she became seventeen, it had become clear that they weren't mates at all." Julian continued. "Nonetheless, she was still adamant that they were made for each other."

"She's a year younger than Theo. So Irene and Kobi are your age." I realised.

They nodded at this. "Kobi, Irene, Leona and I are all twenty. Theo, just like Jay, is twenty one." Julian comfirmed.

The four pack members sent for Jay and I's protection varied from the age of twenty two to the age of twenty five so that meant...

I gaped at them in shock, making them laugh at my expression.

"Oh my God, I'm the youngest." I whispered.

"You're the baby in the manor." Leona squealed, cooing at me like I was an infant.

"Stop, you're literally only a year older." Slapping her hand away when she tried to pinch my cheeks. "Back to the story!" I ordered, protecting my cheeks.

"Okay, so at this point I had moved into the Alpha Manor. I saw all the attempts of her seeking any physical affection from Theo." Leona continued, forgeting about my cheeks. "Anything from asking for a kiss, to climbing on his lap for attention."

A growl built up in my chest, threatening to escape my lips. I held it back in, controlled the urge to growl in anger. I had seen her touch Theo before, but imagining it was far worse. I had quite a vivid imaginatiom which can be both good and bad.

"Elisia, I promise you. Theo has never caved into Irene's attempts, for all those years." Julian said seriously, looking into my eyes.

Liar.

I saw him hold her right in front of my eyes, and not look sorry about it at all.

"Until recently." Julian finished, sighing and looking away.

I looked at them, narrowing my eyes at them. They looked at each other, obviously mind linking.

"We need to make a group chat!" Leona said randomly, clapping her hands together.

I raised my eyebrows at her in disbelief, did she just try to completely change the subject?

She then winked at me, sending a message to follow along. Feeling confused, I took my cracked phone out and exchanged numbers.

Julian made the group chat immediately, and named it 'The secret trio'.

Leona scruched nose at the name. "What's up with the name?"

Julian didn't answer, but typed his answer into the chat.

JULIAN: Because we're sharing the secret of Theo and Elisia being mates...and we're a trio.

LEONA: Whatever, it's an okay name...

ELISIA: Why are we chatting on this instead of speaking to each other?

JULIAN: We can say anything we want on here without worrying about other people eavesdropping.

LEONA: You genius! The last time I wanted to talk to Elisia about the mates issue, I made her write on a notepad. It took so long to write...texting is amazing.