Once we finished skinny dipping and sat in my 1967 Shelby gt500, all I could think about was how much I've changed. Today had been the last day of school and I actually made it through my junior year. Maybe a 1.98 GPA wasn't the best... Nevertheless, it could be fixed with summer classes.

Ever since I lost what could of been the best thing for me, something in my mind clicked. When I awoke in Dianna's house the day after relapsing, I felt like what I said and did was just a dream. After I found out it had been a reality though the act of my mother, father, and brother barging into the white modern day room, screaming and shouting for me to get up, the look on their faces said it all. They were furious yet sympathetic towards my well being; I didn't mean to put them through all of this.

I guess my story was tragic. As a young girl, I would of never seen my life turn into the way it has. There was a time when Shantel and I would run through fields of daisies, the only problem in our lives had been if we somehow got lost by the height of the stalks. It was only when I got exposed to the dark side from past neighborhood kids. We grew up too fast, Shantel and I. The kids exposed us to nicotine first and that was all; one of the least harmful drugs. Eventually, nicotine led to marijuana which led to xanex, and finally cocaine. In some ways, I didn't blame myself for having become and addict, I was so young and the exposure created constant temptations for me.

Looking back at how the last few months went, I caused a tremendous amount of problems and it had been clear to me, I was not in a place for anything other than working on myself. Sure, Kiersten and I started out as what seemed magical, however, I realized I'd look at her the exact way I looked at drugs. It was one of things where I was so intrigued on finding out what had been wrong with her that I became addicted to fixing her and once she was fixed, she ended up as being someone completely different than I would have thought. This girl was practically good at literally everything she did and that was hard for me to cope with.

I still remember how her face looked though our brief short glances, instead disappointment, she looked at me with a motivational look. It was as if she was still rooting for me to get better. Speaking of, I've been completely sober the last two months thanks to the Angeles family. Besides rehab, I also had to attend therapy sessions to talk about any problems I had and to my fucking surprise, I kind of liked therapy. It gave me a chance to say all that was on my mind without any judgement.

My family started to make more time for me, especially Sebastian. He pleaded to switch his shift hours so that he could come home to Savannah and I, which gave us more sibling time together. I fixed my relationship with the toddler by limiting cuss words around her and taking the little rascal out on sisterly dates with me. It took a few weeks, but eventually ice cream and weekly trips to the arcade had been enough to win the child over.

All in all, things were constantly becoming so much better for me. Still loving parties, if I were to attend, Shantel had to be there with me because we were both helping each other stay sober. Yes, my best friend decided to change for me which wasn't as hard for her as it was for me. She never did as much drugs on a daily, it was more of a social thing to her rather than an addictive habit.

"You know what we should do?"

Turning over to face my best friend, "What's that?"

"Alright, don't laugh okay?" Shantel began to dry her hair with a towel I found in the trunk.

Dragging on with a cute smirk, "Okayyy."

"We should do like AA meetings for the upcoming kids like us!"

Holding in a laugh, "You're fucking with me."

"No, I'm so serious." One of her hands playfully hit me. "Most of them would be underclassmen."

"They're not going to listen to anything I say, it'll be impossible."

"But you see," she sighed. "They're basically going to be minny fuckers replicating you!"

Biting my lip. "That sound's like a nightmare."

"You'd be the only person who could help them. Plus you're hot ass hell, people would pretend to be addicts just to spend time with you."

I let out a laugh, "You're an idiot!"

"Next year let's make a senior club!" the model insisted.

Thinking about it, her suggestion sounded bat shit insane, but maybe it would be a good thing for me to do. I know for sure that I wouldn't have joined back then, however, maybe if there was a cool and lit chick like me, I would of.

Contemplating for a good minute, "Whatever you want, as long as we're in it together."

"Hell yeah b!"

| End of Chapter Forty Four |

[A/N]: I'm seeing some comments about people being upset, an explanation on why this book is turning out the way it is will be told after the ending. xxx - Melody

Instagram: melodyautumn.13
Tik Tok: melody.autumn

© 2022 Wattpad