15| Favorite

Kiersten|

Skylar left the classroom dramatically when there was literally only seconds to spare. It annoyed me how obnoxious she could be sometimes, especially lately. I didn't understand why her old habits were occurring even worst than they had been before. For a while, I thought she was getting better when she'd show up to the periods we'd shared together on time. However, that was proven to take a turn when I'd watch her get assigned detention almost daily.

Exiting the classroom, the tall red head was already there waiting the way she usually did. She leaned against the hallway walls with her gray sweats on and a Nike basketball backpack. It wasn't basketball season yet but they had about 3 practices a week for preseason. Dianna on the other hand was off the hook but that didn't mean she didn't check on me at least 3 times a day. Heidi somehow already had a lot of trust from my sister and her protégé which allowed her to go as far as drive me home. Except, today I told her I needed to do something really quick and not to worry because I'd be with someone very 'trustworthy'. At least I hoped.

I was taken aback by how Heidi let me go quite easily. This gave me a chance in catching up with Skylar as I watched her hop into the familiar black car. She looked frustrated and upset and I didn't want her to drive without being in the right state of mind. Take it from someone who nearly got killed from a depressed, drunk driver.

"May I come in?" I asked nervously as I approached the passenger side. A lot of the phrases that used to be hard for me to say were gradually getting better the more I practiced with my speech pathologist, Dr.Isabella. I'd still say them slowly, but I wasn't stuttering as much as I used to. With the larger phrases, that was still a great challenge for me.

"Why?" She snapped. Her hand put the stick into reverse, preparing to back out of the parking spot.

Taking that as an invitation, I opened the door which caused her car to stop so that I could sit along side her. "Don't drive mad."

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes. "I drive when I'm high all the time. It's not a big deal."

My hand that was still messed up buckled in the seatbelt as I held it away from my neck. Even though it's been nearly 5 months since the accident, I still had a fear towards seat belts and being held down. It took me weeks just to have the courage to get into a car when I arrived back home. "Okay."

"Hey, relax" she ordered. "I'm not stupid."

"I didn't say y- you were?" The car began to continue backing out.

"Whatever you say." She wore those shades that would cover her eyes so I couldn't tell what she was feeling. Skylar has yet made eye contact with me, signaling that whatever she was feeling was towards me.

"Mad at me?" I asked.

"I'm not mad." she replied coldly. "Stop assuming shit. Where's your little girlfriend who drives you home?"

Oh yes she was mad. I cringed at the sound of her voice along with her slight cuss.

"Friend. N- not my girlf... girlfriend" I stuttered. We were now about to exit school property.

"Do you even eat pussy?" Her laugh sounded like a sarcastic one.

"I don't know w- what that m... means" I said truthfully. "I eat anything th... though?"