36| Chocolate

Skylar|

Yo you know what's fucking lit? Bars. I know I'm only sixteen but, with how good the fakes are that my homeboy makes, I could sneak into any club with no problem. I didn't go to VLVT this time. Instead I went to a local bar close to the projects. Sometimes I just needed to get away from all the fancy shit back in Orange. Having a disadvantage over everyone else back at home sucked ass because everyone else was from rich ass families, had movie star parents, were famous on some level... then there was me. I just felt so lost at times and I knew it was a normal feeling to, especially at my age. Shantel, Jasper, Vincent, and I went together to the club the way we usually did. We ordered hella shots right after school and then took an uber home. I was so fucking tempted to get tatted again but I knew my mom was coming home early today which was unusual so I dubbed that feen.

Now, back at home chillaxing with Fleetwood Mac blasting on my stereo, I was vibing. At least I thought I was.

"Skylar!" I heard my mom yell with the scariest tone ever. I was never a pussy towards anyone unless that person happened to be my mother. "What did I tell you about teaching Savannah to drink her milk like that?"

Letting a groan out, "What are you going off about now?"

Since I had been upstairs in my room, I jogged down to find the little three year old drinking out of her sippy cup in the cruelest way for a parent to see. She held her beverage up directly above her head. Taking a few sips and screaming "Chuggy! Chug! Chug!"

Oh fuck.

"Mom I swear, I don't know who taught her that!" I yelled out frantically. "It wasn't me, I would never intentionally teach a three year old something like that!"

"Savy, who taught you to do that?" the middle aged woman questioned my sister.

"Sissy! She said I would make more frwiends!"Savannah giggled. The little rascal put her milk down on the kitchen dining table as she began to hum random kids bop songs. God, there was nothing worst than kids bop, I swear my ears would bleed from their so called 'music'.

My mother who had on a white work blouse with a fitted skirt, gave me a look of disapproval. "I come home early from work expecting to relax and instead I always have to put up with the shit you leave me with!" She nearly muted the word 'shit' so that Sav couldn't pick up on it but I sure did. "And dear god, why do you reek like alcohol?"

Struggling to come up with an excuse, "Uh, it might be my..."

"Skylar Ashten Cadwell!" Her fingers combed through her hair. "Why do you like putting me through so much? What happened to that heart to heart where you told me you'd stop it with the drugs and drinking?"

Remembering that conversation with my mother always hurt me. I recall her crying as my parents sat me down at a table when I almost overdosed on xanax at the age of fourteen. It was my freshman year of high school and one of the first high school parties I went to. That night was a fucking nightmare, I literally remember foam coming out of my mouth as Shantel screamed her head off, trying to call 911 while everyone else at the party told her not to. Those fucking cunts were trying to protect themselves from dealing with the cops instead of saving my life, I will never forget when I truly learned the meaning of selfishness.

As I looked at the amazing person I am so proud to call my mother, I felt nothing but guilt. It was hard for me to comprehend why I had a habit of stressing her out. She was getting older without me really taking that in for consideration and yet, I was the child she'd worry about the most. Usually the middle child rarely got attention and that's how it's always been throughout my life until the incident where my parents almost lost their older daughter.