41| I Love You

Kiersten|

"Hey look Kier!" I heard Kennedy shout. "Heidi's on t.v. for senior standouts!"

My sister and I were hanging out in the living room getting ready for school. The news had always been on during the mornings, that way my family was well aware of all that happens within our location and the world itself. Glancing over at the television screen, the basketball star was being interviewed over how well she did during her final final season as a high school varsity player. The interviewers then asked about which college she had committed to and Heidi told them how she signed an athletic financial agreement to attend the University of Montana.

"Turn it off, please" I begged. Ken sent me a look of confusion while I ignored it and headed directly for her car, carrying a yogurt as a choice of breakfast.

It's been a few weeks since I've known about the athletic girl's college decision which is why we've had a couple of fights and let me tell you, my heart was breaking. I felt like there was so much happening to me at once up to the point where it had become overpoweringly overwhelming. For one, I had to deal with everything that went on during the time that I lost my memory and that was the most exhausting thing ever. I was trying to keep everyone happy without allowing myself to be satisfied; it was in my nature to be that type of person.

As a mature over thinker compared to everyone else my age, I knew I had to make an executive decision that would benefit all of us. The number one thing I did not want was for anyone who was apart of my very confusing situation to get hurt which is why I decided to make my choice today; a choice that will forever have me wondering if the decision I made was the correct one.

The palm trees outside with the contrast of the pretty sky, had been so peaceful looking and I was well aware that the feeling I felt on this fine morning was going to be shattered by the time I come back from school. I knew in my heart, no matter what, I had to keep the two of them from tearing themselves apart. Both Heidi and Skylar are very different, yet similarly opinionated girls who wanted nothing but the best for me as I do for them. In a way, I played the scenarios that could happen from my outcome a billion times, bringing me to the realization that what I was about to do is possibly the only way I could protect everyone.

---

Heidi.

My stomach was turning so fast, I felt like I was ready to pass out onto the parking lot floor. School had finished a couple of minutes ago and the tall red haired girl waited for me in her car since she's the one who brought me home everyday. After being taken out yesterday on a date by Skylar, everything started to make sense to me. I needed to sacrifice what I cared about most in order to keep everyone safe. In my mind, I knew that if I ended things with Skylar, she'd do something terrible that could include the lost of her life or even her sisters. I did love her, just not in the way you would think; I wanted nothing but for her to get better and I was willing to help her with that. However, it was pretty clear to me that there was a difference when it came to loving someone and being in love with someone. 

With every piece of me, I knew that if Heidi and I were really meant to be, then we would be brought back together the way we've always have been. She was the love of my life and nothing could ever change that. Furthermore, as of right now, I might be the answer to someone else's prayer they've been longing to be heard. Skylar was currently in a very vulnerable state, in need of serious help; she was unstable despite how she tried to portray otherwise.