5| Ouch

Kiersten|

She laid flat on the floor, faced up. I put my water bottle off to the side, bending on my knees to hover over the light haired brunette. Using one of my hands, I brushed some of her hair out of her face. There wasn't much since she had her hair tied up, but there were a couple of loose strands in sight.

"Uhhh, h- hey?" I said softly while patting her soft cheek. "Are yo- you okay?"

I heard her let out a little grunt so I brought my face closer to see if she was conscious. I took in every detail since we were only inches apart. Her skin wasn't pale but a cream white color. She had on a tad bit of make up, eyeliner that was a little smeared from her sweat. One of her lips were plumper than the other, her bottom. However, the ends of her lips naturally formed into slight curves, even if she were to have a straight face on. I guess that's how she was so good at flashing all of her smiles and smirks. Something that I hadn't noticed was how she had a nose piercing on her left nostril. I always loved art, and her face to me, was a perfect canvas.

Slowly, her eyes started to open and her lips formed into a slight curve. She tried to hold back a laugh, but she couldn't. "Gotcha!" She giggled.

"Got- Gotcha?" I questioned while still close to her face. One of her hands reached to cover her mouth in order to help her stop laughing. That's when I noticed that she had several tattoos on her arms.

"Gotcha as in I was pretending to be unconscious to see if you'd help a girl out or let me lay there" Skylar said. She had a very cute grin on and my eyes trailed down to her smile before making it back to her eyes. I could tell she was really capturing all of the details of my face and it made me uncomfortable so I pulled away.

"Can I ask you something?" She questioned.

I nodded. Skylar was now leaning on both of her elbows, still laying flat and facing my direction.

"Do you really think I'm a terrible person?" Her voice was a lot softer now.

I raised both of my shoulders, giving off an 'I don't know' perception because I really didn't know. It's only been a little more than a week.

"I'll take that as a yes" she nodded. Her eyes pulled away from me as she looked hurt. "Is that why you've been avoiding me?" She asked.

All I could do was look at her because I just didn't know what to say. I was avoiding her because I was told to and I didn't want my family to worry if I had gotten into any trouble with her. To be honest, I think there's a small part of her that screams out innocence. It was just that, in these last few days, all of the trouble she likes to cause overrides that and I couldn't forget some of the things she likes to do.

"I forgot that you don't talk much" she sighed.

"N- not you" I managed to get out. "Acci- Accident".

Skylar looked at me with confusion. "You can't talk much because of an accident?" Her angelic face turned into a worried and concerned one. I was surprised she didn't reply back with one of her rude remarks.

Nodding in conformation, I sucked in my lips. I never liked talking about what happened because I sometimes forgot about it. Constant reminders like my memory failing or repetitive stuttering is what made me relive that tragic event. There was a feeling inside of me that I couldn't get away from and it always made me feel trapped and alone. No one could possibly understand what I went through... what I was continuing to go through. She must of noticed I was in my feelings because I felt a soft hand lay on top of mine.

"I'm so fucking sorry. You don't have to explain what happened" she broke the silence. I tried to read what her emotions were but she kept shying away. "God, I'm such a fucking bitch for making fun of you on the first day of school. I'm a terrible person." Her hands reached up to her face in disbelief as she started to beat herself up.