43| You've Gotta Be Kidding

Kiersten|

Since Skylar told me that her parents called a family meeting, I felt like it was okay to enjoy some time at a party I had been invited to. During lunch, Dianna was informing me about how she planned on setting a charity event to raise money for for local homeless people. Basically, a donation jar was going to be set out in front as well as a five dollar entry fee. With hundreds of ecstatic teenagers coming over for the gathering, the donation money is going to rise drastically. Ever since I was a little girl, my family has always been super supportive towards volunteer work or events that would help the less fortunate. Therefore, quite frankly I was delighted to get the opportunity of joining something positive. Perhaps, with all the negativity that had been taking a toll on my body, it could lessen.

Kennedy and I decided on heading over to the cheerleader's place after dinner because we really enjoyed quality family time, especially my parents. Since the accident, they stopped taking time with their daughters for granted because it became a reality that they could lose either child at any unexpected moment. So, my sister and I ate our food which contained vegetables as well as a source of protein in the company of our relatives. Though I had been struggling to eat, I did allow a bit of food in my system to keep me thriving. I don't know, I was just really struggling with my breakup and Skylar's constant demands to be someone I'm not anymore. I could tell she was happy to have me around... However, ever since she 'won' me over Heidi, she was becoming a lot more stressful for me to deal with. It was almost as if the whole time, the light haired brunette viewed me as a prize rather than a normal girl like everyone else. I didn't even know what we were since she asked me to be her girlfriend but her actions would show anything other than trying. Lately, Skylar failed to show much interest in me and no offense, I could totally tell it had been due to the dramatic change I made. For everyone who knew me, changing back to the girl I used to be was normal for them. For Skylar, that was like a 'oh my god, who is this' moment and I think she finally realized I'm not the same memory lacked girl.

In my perspective, I was going to try to work things out with Skylar. I may not be in love with her the way I was with Heidi, but it was very apparent that I had feelings towards the slightly taller girl and by all means, maybe I can potentially work along her as a team for improvements in order to get better together. I needed to fix a few self cautious things while she had a ton to work on for herself. With the two of us having a chance to help one another out, things might turn out okay.

"Monkey, hurry up!" my sister giggled as she called for me. The college student ran up the few steps until she reached her ex teammate's front door. "Here's a benji" she said to the door man while dropping a hundred dollar bill into the donation box.

"I'll be there in a sec" I said back, checking my phone constantly to see if the softball player had gotten home yet. She promised she'd text me and I still didn't get that safety buzz which was worrying me. Tapping through my phone as I looked for a specific contact, I dialed Sebastian Cadwell due to the fact that his sister's cell was going straight to voice nail.

"Hey Lil Ang, what's up?" his masculine voice answered.

"Is Skylar home? She said she was going to text me?"

I heard an exhale of disappointment come out on his end of the call. "She texted in our fam group chat that she was going to be staying over at your house... which I'm guessing is a lie."

Rolling my eyes as I replied sarcastically, "Wonderful."

"I can track her phone through Apple ID just in case she's nearby you."

"Alright, I'm at Dianna Fabray's so just let me know what it says."

Closing my eyes, I really needed to try and get some stress out of my life. At only the age of sixteen, I felt as if I was going through way more than I should. When I'd look at everyone else who attended my school, none of them seemed to go through nearly as much as I did this year. Sure people had negative things about their lives, but this much? To be fair, I caused most of the excess problems from certain choices I made. Nonetheless, sometimes I did idiotic things I felt were necessary, especially if a major good outcome could come out of it.