38| I'm So Done

Skylar|

I was still in the facility, maybe a couple of hundred feet away from young Angeles' recovery room. There was a table set with coffee, tea, and a few snacks for people waiting to see their friends or family members. It was quite nice to chill here and clear my mind from the bit of traveling just to visit Kiersten. Seeing Heidi walk in made me nauseous because in my mind, I knew this was it. I was going to be forgotten about and thrown to the side like a rag. I guess I fucking deserved it because I used to do the same thing to so many sweet girls. I'd lead them on and then drop em without an explanation as if they weren't even people. That was something I've done to keep myself from being alone all the time; a sly work of art if you ask me.

"Hi darling, do you mind passing me the half and half?" an elderly woman asked. I hated most old people because usually, they'd open their mouths to lecture me. However, this old woman's sweet voice was telling me I had nothing to worry about.

Looking over at her cup of coffee, I noticed that she used salt instead of sugar by accident; there were opened wrappers laid on the table. "Uh, sure. Also, ya accidentally put salt in your coffee. Just saying" I shrugged.

She let out a giggle. "It helps disinfect my swollen gums!"

"That's fucking gross, but cool."

Her face seemed confused at my language rather than upset. "You know kid, you kinda remind me of someone I know. Fucking scary."

Letting out a light laugh, "Who might that hottie be?"

"Me." She rolled her eyes. "Little dipshit."

"Let's see the pics." I replied back as I handed her the container of cream. "I assume you mean younger you?"

She pulled a photograph from out of her wallet, handing it over to me. To my surprise, this bitch looked vintage and gucci; like dead ass, she had on classic shades with a leather jacket on. There were so many chokers around her neck and a cigarette between her lips as her arm rested softly against a male figure. We looked extremely alike besides the fact that she had blonde hair while I had a light shade of brown.

Clicking her tongue against the pallet of her mouth, "That's my husband and I in the late 1950's."

"Damn, you used to be cute" I joked.

"Oh shut up. I'm still the shit lil bitch" the shorter elderly snarled while taking a sip out of her coffee cup. "My husband still thinks I'm gorgeous."

"Where is he?"

"Room 308, the old man has Alzheimer disease." You could hear the sadness in her voice as she continued to speak. "When he looks at me, he still think's we're young and wild. Gosh, we used to the craziest things together. Do you have someone like that?"

Apologizing, "I'm sorry about your spouse and no, I don't have someone who can keep up with my level of crazy. She doesn't really like that part of me, actually."

The white haired lady began to smile slyly. "That's exactly how Henry was. He had been a nerd... a little goody two shoes and I hated that bastard at first. But now, I love everything about him."

Nodding my head, I began to walk away. I just couldn't bare to think about the girl who had been driving me insane nor hear a perfect story that held a similar scenario to mine. Sometimes I wish we hadn't met because life was so much easier without her. I didn't like the person I was becoming if that made sense. Another thing that I didn't get was why the need to claim her was so strong to me. It could be because of how sweet she is, how unreal her beauty seems to be to me, or maybe the simple fact that she doesn't think I'm a lost cause the way everyone else views me.